Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Learn more Shop now Learn more Fire Kids Edition Shop Kindle Shop now Pre-order now Shop Men's Shop Women's

Format: Kindle Edition|Change

on 16 May 2014
Like many a great book I have read recently I happened across this little gem quite by accident ! (or maybe not you`ll know what I mean after you read this book ) I loved the characters and the whole journey the book took me on and found that I was along for the ride .It was different and engaging and I am hoping that there will be another as I am not ready yet to let go of Lauren and Jack it is a great stand alone book but It would equally be great as a series Please say yes to more !
on 2 June 2014
I downloaded a sample of this onto my Kindle on a complete whim based on a very cool cover and the blurb. I couldn't buy it fast enough at the end of the sample. I got a lot more than I expected and I recommend it highly. I'd like to believe I would still have bought it, even if the Foo Fighters hadn't come up in the first pages of the book - Perhaps it was just a co-incidence - perhaps not :)
If you hate anything slightly paranormal this might not be the one for you.

David Pandolfe is a new author and new to me and the book was delightful. His writing style is quite spare he really does show instead tell - which made it a fast and funny coming of age book.

I loved Jack (Pyjama Boy) and Lauren their interactions were funny but credible with only a very slight suspension of reality needed to really enjoy it. As opposed to the kind of "I made this amusing but actually its unrealistic and somewhat cringeworthy" that spoil many, what could otherwise, have been funny books.

I don't want to say too much about the plotline - because I think coming to it with no expectations was one of the things that made it particularly enjoyable for me. I really hope there is a follow-up (not a cliffhanger ending - just more to learn about them)

I'm always deeply suspicious of 5 star reviews for new authors - so I'd like to point out that I don't know the author, I bought my own copy, I review a lot of books and do NOT give an automatic 5 stars and if you even download the Kindle sample I think you'll see this one is genuine - it's a great, fun book and more than that - it has soul!
on 25 July 2015
Kindle Unlimited so often seems to mean unlimited dross, but I thought I'd give this a try. I'm delighted that I took a chance because the book had me completely enchanted throughout wih its humour ( which unlike some, doesn't clunk heavily into the storyline ) its engaging characters and its lightly placed wisdom. The two main characters came vividly to life for me, and I wanted both to race to the end and linger lovingly over every word. Just perfect. Incidentally, I know nothing about the author and gain nothing by writing a good review, I just think that this book, and the second one in the series, are spectacularly good. I can't wait for a third. I highly recommend and give it a rare 6 stars out of 5.
on 23 July 2015
This was such a great book. Being a lot older than 17 I thought it would be to young for me but it was just so beautiful and think it would appeal to all ages. I loved the adventure the twists and turns and the relationship between Jack and lauren. Everything about this book was so intriguing I couldn't and didn't put it down. Being a girl that loves an epilogue I feel a bit bereaved at the end and I'm desperate for more (please let there be more). Such a talented writer the story just flowed and I would never in a million years have guessed the ending. I loved this book!
on 21 August 2014
I find authors I like by choosing free books. When I find a gem I then buy every book the author ever wrote.

So once a month I fish through the freebies and download a bunch then I read each with hope in my heart that I've found a keeper but truth to tell nine times out of ten I end a skipping most of the book and filing it in my fails folder. Not this one. This was one of rare tenths where almost from the first page you know you have a winner.

David has that rare gift that every author should aspire to - great writing that appears perfectly effortless.
on 3 May 2016
Funny, different, thought-provoking. Got the first one free and did what I rarely do - paid for the next 3. You don't have to believe in ghosts or psychics to enjoy but I think an open mind is probably going to enjoy it more than someone who enjoys picking holes. There's teen romance but it isn't the focus, more a slow-growing relationship as a backdrop to the rest. The next ones have been just as good but not formulaic.
on 10 August 2014
Intriguing, totally different to the usual, and well worth reading. An author to look out for in future.
on 7 November 2015
I thought that this was a really great read with a haunting storyline. It's an unusual tale that is well told and makes you want to find out what happens next. The reason I didn't give it 5* is because it finishes unexpectedly 90% of the way through the book. I really dislike it when authors do that, just to lead you into the next installment.
on 5 December 2015
I really enjoyed this non-scary ghost story with a twist. I particularly like David Pandolfe's style - even though the story was firmly set in the United States, it was easily accessible and engaging for a British reader. I loved the characters of Jack and Lauren and can't wait to find out what happens next.
on 29 July 2015
A nice easy read. Well written, the story has a nice pace with some very good descriptive screams. A little cheesy, with a very predictable ending however it's a good read non the less. Nice and quick,not too taxing on the brain; would be an ideal summer holiday book.