Street Smart: The New York of Lumet, Allen, Scorsese, and Lee Hardcover – 30 Sep 2005
|New from||Used from|
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
"Finalist for the 2005 Theater Library Association Award." --
"Written in an easy, conversational style, Street Smart is a thoughtful, meaningful exercise in film criticism." -- "Blogcritics.org"
"in the films of four quintessential New Yorkers: Sidney Lumet, Woody Allen, Martin Scorsese, and Spike Lee." -- "Choice"
"Part cultural study and part film analysis, Blake turns to four of the city's most revered auteurs to offer readers a lesson in true New York: Sidney Lumet, Woody Allen, Martin Scorsese, and Spike Lee." -- "MovieMaker"
"There has been perhaps no other city that has exercised such a strong influence on its native filmmakers or on thematic material in film." -- Raymond Haberski, author of "It's Only a Movie!"
About the Author
Richard A. Blake, S.J., codirector of the Film Studies Program at Boston College, has served as an editor of America magazine for fourteen years, where he has been reviewing films for the past thirty years.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > History > Cultural History
- Books > Music, Stage & Screen > Film > Criticism & Theory
- Books > Music, Stage & Screen > Film > History of Film > United States
- Books > Music, Stage & Screen > Performing Arts > Stagecraft
- Books > Reference > Directories
- Books > Travel & Holiday > Countries & Regions > United States > Regions