Shop now Shop now Shop now See more Shop all Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Learn more Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Listen with Prime Learn more Shop Men's Shop Women's

Straw Poll: Where will you go for your next game pre-order?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-13 of 13 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 13 Nov 2008 11:13:34 GMT
N Jones says:
Other etailer?
High street?

Thanks ;)

In reply to an earlier post on 13 Nov 2008 11:28:26 GMT
C. Kemp says:
Most definitely not amazon.

In reply to an earlier post on 13 Nov 2008 11:30:29 GMT
N Jones says:

In reply to an earlier post on 13 Nov 2008 11:45:02 GMT
Richard says:
I will check which Amazon branch is distributing it first, foe example for my copy of X3 Terran Conflict it arrived on time- but that was from the main Amazon branch.

If its from some crappy Starfish in Jersey then I will definitely order from elsewhere (Play or Game for sure).

In reply to an earlier post on 13 Nov 2008 11:46:40 GMT
J. W. Allan says:
not just pre-orders, i think i am done with Amazon.

In reply to an earlier post on 13 Nov 2008 16:01:12 GMT
Last edited by the author on 13 Nov 2008 18:33:34 GMT
Mahina says:
Other retailer, after seeing the estimated delivery date of WOTLK despite having ordered it months ago I ordered from a smaller but apparantly far more reliable retailer on the weekend. The package arrived yesterday and I was all set up in time for the launch. The Amazon order still hasn't arrived and the postie has already been today. I have cancelled my pre-order of a gaming mouse for my other half and ordered elsewhere as well as placing several orders for DVD's (Christmas pressies for the folks!). Amazon has lost my business for the time being at least.

EDIT - Forgot to add that the retailer that managed to send the games on time was also free shipping as standard (not and the game itself cost the same as my Amazon pre-order. I paid for delivery with Amazon since I was not willing to rely on their free delivery service, not that it seems to have made much difference. The only reason I will not be returning my Amazon copies (if they ever arrive) is that other members of my family have decided to take them off my hands assuming they arrive before the weekend of course.

In reply to an earlier post on 13 Nov 2008 16:08:16 GMT
No game, complained, asked to wait till 18th of Nov. LMAO
purchased from pcworld round the corner

will use for future gaming purchases

In reply to an earlier post on 13 Nov 2008 16:47:31 GMT
[Deleted by the author on 13 Nov 2008 16:47:52 GMT]

In reply to an earlier post on 13 Nov 2008 18:17:16 GMT
Probably Game - those in my guild who ordered from them all had delivery the day before. Amazon have really blown it this time. How could they possibly be this stupid. I have four copies on order and all four have failed to arrive. My boys are deeply disapointed (we all play together) and so am I.

Definately buy from someone else next time. Will also go and but from the high street and send back the copies I ordered.

In reply to an earlier post on 13 Nov 2008 20:41:01 GMT
Joe Leobo says:
Either Game or direct from a shop.

Also I will never order anything from Amazon again through that bunch of incompetants, indigostarfish. What kind of name is that anyway?

In reply to an earlier post on 14 Nov 2008 17:07:49 GMT
M. Artley says:
I got very good service from Game re the new DS release - all dispatched very quickly

In reply to an earlier post on 18 Nov 2008 09:39:31 GMT
C. Gordon says:
Amazon for me.

Mine arrived on time, no worries. My mate's did too.

Posted on 17 Feb 2009 13:58:12 GMT
I used for WoTLK and it was still late by 1 day and I even pre-ordered. Those complaining about delivery of amazon need to do their research. Most of these online retailers are based in Jersey to pay less tax. I doubt there will be any high street shops selling PC games in 3 years time.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  12
Total posts:  13
Initial post:  13 Nov 2008
Latest post:  17 Feb 2009

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.