Have one to sell?
Strauss - Der Rosenkavalier, highlights [Opera in English] CD
|Price:||£9.26 & FREE Delivery in the UK on orders over £20. Details|
Only 1 left in stock (more on the way).
Dispatched from and sold by Amazon. Gift-wrap available.
Note: This item is eligible for click and collect. Details
Pick up your parcel at a time and place that suits you.
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
This shopping feature will continue to load items. In order to navigate out of this carousel please use your heading shortcut key to navigate to the next or previous heading.
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Page 1 of 1 Start overPage 1 of 1
2. 'How You Were! How You Are!'
3. 'Ah, There He Goes...'
4. 'Ah! You Are Back Again?'
5. 'For Time Is a Mysterious Thing'
6. 'My Dearest Love, Why Do You Torture Yourself...'
7. 'I'll Go Now, Go to Church, and Pray'
8. Introduction - 'A Solemn Day, a Wondrous Day'
9. 'In This Most Wonderful and Serious Moment'
10. 'It Is an Honour, an Enchantment'
11. 'Here I Am'
13. 'Leupold, Let's Go'
14. 'Oh God! The Story Was a Masquerade and No More'
15. 'Now Or Tomorrow; If Not Tomorrow, Very Soon'
16. 'Marie Theres, How Good You Are'
17. 'Bliss Is Too Deep to Understand'
18. 'Bliss Is Too Deep to Understand'
I will ship by EMS or SAL items in stock in Japan. It is approximately 7-14days on delivery date. You wholeheartedly support customers as satisfactory. Thank you for you seeing it.
Top Customer Reviews
By carolyn kerley on 3 Nov. 2013
Format: Audio CD Verified PurchaseComment Sending feedback...
Beautifully sung by Yvonne Kenny and the music is as exuberant as it should be. This version of Rosencavelier did not disappoint!
Thank you for your feedback.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
18 of 18 people found the following review helpful
By Jamie Henderson - Published on Amazon.com
Format: Audio CD
This "highlights" recording, one of the most recent of the Chandos "Opera in English" series, is a superlative issue that must be heard by all lovers of Richard Strauss and fine singing. Indeed, the singing is truly exceptional; mention must be made immediately of the silken voiced Octavian of Diana Montague - from start to finish she maintains a scrupulous control of legato and beauty of tone (similar to, but in my view surpassing, Susan Graham). Rosemary Joshua's Sophie surpassess most other more famous singers of this taxing role; she is truly a match for the likes of Lucia Popp and Elisabeth Schumann. Listen to the ravishing floated pianissimos in the presentation of the silver rose scene, and the final trio and duet, and I am sure you will agree. Yvonne Kenny is a Marschallin sensitive to the nuances of both text and music; vocally she is not in the class of a Schwarzkopf, Janowitz or Fleming, but this is a moving portrayal. And Tomlinson, the great Wotan and Hans Sachs of our age, is an amusing, cavernous voiced, (slightly too) boorish Ochs. The success of this performance is also due to the excellent musical support given by the London Philharmonic and conductor David Parry. Those concerned by the fact that this recording is given in English translation need not be; the translation is singer friendly (though not all the words are audible), and the standard of performance is such as to almost make no difference. If only the work were given complete - but this is still a "must buy"!
Was this review helpful? Let us know