- Also check our best rated Whiskey reviews
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ £4.54 UK delivery
+ FREE UK delivery
+ £4.79 UK delivery
Strathisla 12 Year Old Single Malt Scotch Whisky, 70 cl
|Deal Price:||£26.90 (£38.43 / l) & FREE Delivery in the UK. Delivery Details|
|You Save:||£7.35 (21%)|
- On the nose it is fragrant with citrus (orange peel), flowers (freesia), spice, and a hint of cream-filled choux pastry. Water pulls out more of the weighty malty notes. The palate is a mid-weight in a malt that's softer than the nose initially suggests. Great momentum in the mouth with cranachan, soft baked fruits, fruit cake, syrup, apricot and malt. It dances on the tongue with a finish that bursts into life.
- Water pulls out more of the weighty malty notes
- Great momentum in the mouth with cranachan, soft baked fruits, fruit cake, syrup, apricot and malt
- 2015 Silver Outstanding Medal Winner - International Wine & Spirits Competition
- IWSC Awards Tasting Note: Well contained nose opens with some ripe orange with a hint of peat in the distance. Sultanas and dried apricot are there with some hints of cocoa. Full in the mouth where rich malt makes a statement. Well integrated oak. Another whisp of smoke in long finish.
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Unless expressly indicated in the product description, Amazon.co.uk is not the manufacturer of the products sold on our website. While we work to ensure that product information on our website is correct, manufacturers may alter their product information. Actual product packaging and materials may contain more and/or different information than shown on our website. You should always read the labels, warnings and instructions provided with the product before using or consuming it and not solely rely on the information presented on our website. If you have any specific product queries, please contact the manufacturer. This notice does not affect your legal rights.
A rich and fruity single malt with a complex array of hay-like aromas and a mellow nutty sweetness.
From the manufacturer
Strathisla 12 Year Old
With its long-established reputation as a distinguished dram, Strathisla 12 Year Old Single Malt is prized by the industry as the ‘connoisseur’s best kept secret’.
The beautiful distillery of Strathisla nestles in the magnificent Speyside countryside reflecting the distillery's heritage and historical origins which holds the secrets to the exquisitely traditionally craft whisky. A whisky produced with the love and pride of the distillery.
Nose: Elegant and fresh, with apple and pear notes to the fore, with delicious ripe-fruit perfume.
Palate: Fruit salad and fresh fruits, well supported by biscuity malt and a hint of toffee.
Finish: Very clean and well defined. Perfect aperitif malt.
What do customers buy after viewing this item?
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Upon initial opening there was a rich cacophony of sweetness, dominated by honey at first and then a pleasant fruity finish as the first measure warmed up my insides with the smoothness of an Irish. Going back for more (and more) I found the open bottle evolved quickly as the hours went by (perhaps that was just my palate, I've never drank as much whisky in a single night as I did then), constantly enticing me in for more as my curiosity questioned what notes I would pick up this time around. Salted caramel, milk chocolate, toffee and mixed spices were the answers I had come to by the end of the night while the finish maintained the fruitiness detected earlier; orange, figs and plums complimenting the spices like a Waitrose Christmas pudding. This is a very good buy at £27, so much so my father asked me to secure a bottle at that price for his collection. It was an absolute STEAL at £22, thank you Amazon.
Would you like to see more reviews about this item?
Most recent customer reviews