Have one to sell?
Strategic Management: Concepts and Cases Hardcover – 27 Feb 2006
See all formats and editions Hide other formats and editions
There is a newer edition of this item:
This shopping feature will continue to load items. In order to navigate out of this carousel please use your heading shortcut key to navigate to the next or previous heading.
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Page 1 of 1 Start overPage 1 of 1
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
About the Author
Professor Carpenter has a BS from California State University (Humboldt) and University of Copenhagen, Denmark, and an MBA from California State University (Bakersfield). He also completed graduate studies in enology at the University of Bordeaux, France. Before obtaining his PhD in strategy at the University of Texas, Austin, he worked in banking, management consulting, and software development. His research concerns corporate governance, top management teams, and the strategic management of global firms, and is published in SMJ, AMJ, AMR, AME, JM, and HRM. He serves on the editorial board of AMJ, was voted Professor of the Year by MBA students, and identified as one of the most popular professors in the BusinessWeek MBA poll. He recently received the Larson Excellence in Teaching award from the School of Business, and the UW's Emil H. Steiger Distinguished Teaching Award.
Sanders, W.G. & M.A. Carpenter. 1998. Internationalization and firm governance: The roles of CEO compensation, top team composition, and board structure. Academy of Management Journal. 41: 158-178. Read Paper.
Carpenter, M.A., W.G. Sanders, & H.B. Gregersen. 2001. Bundling human capital with organizational context: The impact of international experience on multinational firm performance and CEO pay. Academy of Management Journal. Read Paper.
Carpenter, M.A. & J.W. Fredrickson. 2001. Top management teams, global strategic posture, and the moderating role of uncertainty. Academy of Management Journal. Read Paper.
Carpenter, M.A. & J.B. Wade. 2002. Micro-level opportunity structures as determinants of non-CEO executive pay. Academy of Management Journal. Read Paper.
Carpenter, M.A. & W.G. Sanders. 2004. The effects of top management team pay and firm internationalization on MNC performance. Journal of Management. Read Paper.
Carpenter, M.A. & W.G. Sanders. 2007. Strategy Management: A Dynamic Perspective.. NJ: Prentice-Hall. Find Book.
Wm. Gerard (Gerry) Sanders
Associate Professor and J. Earl Garrett Fellow
Organizational Leadership and Strategy
D O W N L O A D V I T A
Office: 790A TNRB
Phone: (801) 422-7607
- Corporate governance
- Executive compensation
- International strategy
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Strategic management
- effects of executive stock option pay and stock ownership
- mergers and acquisitions
- management of multinational firms
- growth strategies
- PHD, MANAGEMENT SOCIETY, UNIV OF TEXAS AUSTIN, 1996
- BS, BUSINESS, BRIGHAM YOUNG UNIVERSITY, 1980
- Strategy - Primary
- Global Management Center - Secondary
- "The upper echelons revisited: Antecedents, elements, and consequences of top management team composition," Journal of Management Volume 30, Pages 749-778, December, 2004 V I E W A B S T R A C T
- "The effects of top management team pay and firm internationalization on MNC performance.," Journal of Management Volume 30, Pages 509-528, August, 2004 V I E W A B S T R A C T
- "Sorting things out: Valuation of new firms in uncertain markets.," Strategic Management Journal Volume 25, Issue 2, Pages 167-186, February, 2004 V I E W A B S T R A C T
- "Antecedents and Consequences of Corporate Governance Reform: The Case of Germany," Strategic Management Journal Volume 24, Pages 631-650, July, 2003 V I E W A B S T R A C T
- "Strategic Satisficing? A Behavioral-Agency Perspective on Stock Repurchase Program Announcements," Academy of Management Journal Volume 46, Pages 160-178, April, 2003 V I E W A B S T R A C T
- "Top Management Team Compensation: The Missing Link Between CEO Pay and Firm Performance?," Strategic Management Journal Volume 23, Issue 6, Pages (forthcoming-June), 2002 V I E W A B S T R A C T
- "Incentive Alignment, CEO Pay Level, and Firm Performance: A Case of," Human Resource Management Journal Volume 40, Issue 2, Pages 159-170, July, 2001 V I E W A B S T R A C T
- "Bundling Human Capital with Organizational Context: The Impact of International Assignment Experience on Multinational Firm Performance and CEO Pay," Academy of Management Journal Volume 44, Issue 3, Pages 493-512, June, 2001 V I E W A B S T R A C T
- "Behavioral Responses of CEOs to Stock Ownership and Stock Option Pay," Academy of Management Journal Volume 44, Issue 3, Pages 477-492, June, 2001 V I E W A B S T R A C T
- "CEO International Assignment Experience: A Model and Evidence of Financial Benefits to Firms and CEOs," Human Resource Management 2000
- "Incentive Structure of CEO Stock Option Pay and Stock Ownership: The Moderating Effects of Firm Risk," Managerial Finance Volume 25, Issue 61-75, January, 1999
- "Internationalization and Firm Governance: The Roles of CEO Compensation, Top Team Composition, and Board Structure," Academy of Management Journal Volume 48, Issue 158-178, January, 1998
- Associate Professor, Brigham Young University, 2002
- Assistant Professor, Brigham Young University, 1996
- Academy of Management
- Strategic Management Society
- Marriott School Research Award , Marriott School of Business , 2003
- Young Scholar Award , Brigham Young University , 2003
- J. Earl Garrett Fellowship , Marriott School , 2001
- Deans Office Research Grant , Brigham Young University , 1998
- Marriott School Special Research Grant , Brigham Young University , 1996
- Deans Award , Brigham Young University , 1995
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Most helpful customer reviews on Amazon.com
Amazon.com: 2 reviews
Ramy S Hassan
4 September 2014 - Published on Amazon.com
Format: HardcoverVerified Purchase
Very good book
Strategic Management: A Dynamic Perspective, Concepts and Cases
15 January 2007 - Published on Amazon.com
3 people found this helpful.
The book is very good. I'm fully satisfied.