Strategic Command WW2 : Global Conflict (PC CD)
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- New War Mobilization and Belligerence setting allowing for the full spectrum of political and war situations that existed during World War II within a global context
- New War Map that can be zoomed in and out with full control for each major country with respect to whom they wish to declare war upon
- New Decision Event setting that can ask the player if they wish to spend MPPs in order to achieve the desired result
- New Surface Raiders as well as a Port Blockade feature that can be modeled using Supply Events
- Several new unit sprite graphics and sounds including Katusha Rocket trucks for the USSR
- 2-D isometric tile map with a true-to-scale recreation of the entire world and up to 131,072 tiles (512x256)
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
- Platform: Windows Vista / XP
- Media: CD-ROM
WWII Global Conflict is the fourth, newest - and biggest yet - game in the award winning Strategic Command series. WWII Global Conflict is a standalone new game and does not require any of the previous titles to play.
For the first time, players will be able to wage World War II across the massive expanse of the entire planet. From battles in Europe and North Africa all the way to Asia and the Pacific, WWII Global Conflict features the largest map yet (16896 tiles, or 256x64), but in fact it allows players to create maps of up to 131,072 (!!) tiles (512x256) in the map editor!
Command the forces of 6 major and 58 different minor nations. 20 different unique unit types are portrayed and modeled with up to 30 different characteristics and stats. To add historical flavor and replayability, over 200 different in-game events are now depicted as well as over 50 different decision events that guarantee a unique experience each time the game is played, including:
Would you as the British Government so desperately need Destroyers against German U-Boats that you would give several naval bases to the USA?; Could Franco be convinced to join the Axis if enough monetary and territorial concessions were offered?; Would you as the Allies work to support and finance a coup in Yugoslavia to break its inclusion within the Axis Tripartite Pact? Would it be worth the effort and cost?; How should Japan react to the crippling US embargo depriving it of its much needed resources to carry on her war with China?
Top customer reviews
The same simple combat system is till there, a few extra unit types have been added, but not enough to change the character of the game significantly, but instead to enhance it. having aproduction delay is a big improvement as it forces yoy to plan in advance. The convoy rules are better with defined convoy routes and the ability of surface and air units to interdict these routes adding to the game.
I am disappointed that France and Italy are not seperate countries, less of an issue for France although would reflect early war better, but definately think it is not right for Italy. Although this is a nuisance it is balanced for in game play.
Overall a good enjoyable game and if you liked the earlier games it is worth buying
But overall I would recommend this game to anyone who likes information on the 2nd World War and plays these turn-based srategy games.
Simple, yet deep. Very engaging to play without taking over your life as some other wargame can do.
If you enjoy Hearts of Iron, yet cannot afford to dedicate your life to it, then this is a viable alternative.
Would you like to see more reviews about this item?
Look for similar items by category