- Enjoy £1.00 credit to spend on movies or TV on Amazon Video when you purchase a DVD or Blu-ray offered by Amazon.co.uk. A maximum of 1 credit per customer applies. UK customers only. Offer ends at 23:59 GMT on Wednesday, December 20, 2017 Here's how (terms and conditions apply)
The Strat Pack: 50th Anniversary Of The Fender Strat [DVD] 
|Price:||£12.99 & FREE Delivery in the UK on orders dispatched by Amazon over £20. Details|
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Frequently Bought Together
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
In autumn 2004 an all star line up of some of the world?s greatest guitarists and thousands of fans gathered at Londons Wembley Arena to celebrate the 50th birthday of a music legend, the Fender Stratocaster guitar
Members of Queen, Genesis, Thin Lizzy, The Crickets, The Shadows, Free, The Eagles, Roxy Music, Pink Floyd and The Rolling Stones... plus solo stars Albert Lee, Jamie Cullum and Theresa Andersson.
1. Peggy Sue - The Crickets, Albert Lee and Brian May 2. Maybe Baby - The Crickets, Albert Lee and Brian May 3. I Fought The Law - The Crickets, Albert Lee and Brian May 4. Oh Boy - The Crickets, Albert Lee and Brian May 5. Thatll Be The Day - The Crickets, Albert Lee and Brian May 6. The Rise And Fall Of Flingel Bunt - Hank Marvin 7. Sleepwalk - Hank Marvin 8. Apache - Hank Marvin 9. Im On My Way - Theresa Andersson 10. Country Boy - Albert Lee and Theresa Andersson 11. How Long - Mike Rutherford and Paul Carrack 12. All Along The Watchtower - Mike Rutherford and Paul Carrack 13. While My Guitar Gently Weeps - Mike Rutherford and Paul Carrack 14. I Cant Dance - Mike Rutherford and Paul Carrack 15. Red House - Gary Moore 16. Angel - Jamie Cullum 17. Stronger Than Me - Amy Winehouse 18. Muddy Water Blues - Paul Rodgers 19. Drinking - Paul Rodgers featuring Jasmine & Steve Rodgers 20. Alright Now - Paul Rodgers and Brian May 21. Cant Get Enough - Paul Rodgers and Joe Walsh 22. Funk 49 - Joe Walsh 23. Lifes Been Good - Joe Walsh 24. Life In The Fast Lane - Joe Walsh 25. Rocky Mountain Way - Joe Walsh 26. 6pm - Phil Manzanera 27. Marooned - David Gilmour 28. Coming Back To Life - David Gilmour 29. Sorrow - David Gilmour 30. Ooh La La - Ronnie Wood 31. Stay With Me - The All Star Line-Up
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
There are numerous questions to ask, however:-
Why Jamie Cullum and Ami Winehouse were included on the bill I'll never know, especially the latter, who was given far more time to bore the audience with her dreadful performance than Gary Moore, who set the place alight with his one song (Red House). Gary should have had far more time ... he opitomised the sort of dynamic, exciting guitar playing that the audience came expecting to see.
Why was Paul Rogers, as great a singer as he is, allowed to drag his kids on stage to bore the audience with some of their own (poor) material ..what have they done to contribute to the esteemed history of the Strat?
Why did Brian May revert to his own guitar instead of sticking to the Strat, bearing in mind the show was a celebration of the Strat after all!!?? A bit of an insult in my opinion.
Why did Jeff Beck not turn up? Many people, including myself, bought tickets on the promise he would be playing.
Overall, buy the DVD for the great performances, which thankfully outnumber the duff moments.
Moores rendition of Red House is tremendous with an awesome array of raw power and skill.(I like the way moore turns up his amp and growls the guitar up before letting rip> -Cocky-Stylish and... Why Not!))Why he only got one song is a travesty to what these shows are all about and you could see the crowds response craving Moore!. David Gilmours peformance was of the usual perfection with more songs and total control offering a great alternative to Moores earlier potent style.
My gripes with this DVD are 1/ Why did Paul Rogers get to air his kids, 2/ Why amy whitehouse anyway and 3/why Jamie Callumn on a PIANO!!!.Its not like the promoters were struggling for guitarists.
Buy this for Moore and Gilmours performances alone. No Gimmicks - Master Class - Respect
I have owned the DVD version of this for a couple of years now and many of my friends have bought it too. I managed to borrow the Bluray version to compare it to the DVD and frankly it isn't worth it the upgrade if you already have the DVD. A good upscaling DVD player will give you a similar picture and the only real benefit with this title on Bluray is DTS HD Master Audio, which isn't noticeably better than the standard DTS soundtrack on the DVD.
If you don't own the DVD, get the Bluray but if you are considering the upgrade, I personally wouldn't bother.
Americans next in the form of country star Theresa Anderson who was average but then our Albert (Lee) joins her for "Country Boy" and his virtuosity makes you wonder how anyone can play so fast and yet so crisply.Wonderful stuff. How do you follow that? Space does not allow a blow by blow account of this concert but just what the hell is Jamie Cullum doing on this??? My conclusion is that he filled a spot while the audience purchased an ice cream or went to the toilet. Just fast forward your DVD player at this point.
Apparently Jeff Beck, if you have a copy of the concert programme, was meant to appear and it looks as though Gary Moore was drafted in as cover. He blows the place apart with his tribute to Jimi Henrix and "Red House" he is awesome and plays with such passion. His mike is not working at first and then he wonders over looks at his amp and turns it up to 12 (sorry spinal tap 11 is not loud enough). You can hear the distortion coming from the amp and then he blasts into it with no holds barred. Wonderful! Just one track from Gary but worth buying the dvd for alone. Then Amy Winehouse.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
It was for my dad's friend
I think that he'll love it so much thanks a million
I LOVE YOU AMAZON
LOOKING FORWARD TO WHAT I BUY... Read more
i bought this for the amazing gary moore -red house.and paul carrick is really good too..Published 11 months ago by mrs. D. A. TOOTILL,MR t g tootill
Not greatly pleased with this concert, quite a few of the great guitar players absent, there must have been a fault with the production of this blu ray DVD, very poor quality, bass... Read morePublished 12 months ago by M. MCQUAT
Thank you so much amazing! This is going to be a great present came more early than I expected.. Many Thanks ... Amazon..Published 16 months ago by AnaMoon
Very enjoyable, great sound and picture, I thought some of the artists faded a bit near the end but that could have just been my taste.Published 17 months ago by Bikez
Good DVD. As good as any of the crossroads guitar festivals. Great to see Sonny Curtis still playing. Don't get the criticism of Amy Wine house. Read morePublished 19 months ago by Amazon Customer