The Story of the World: History for the Classical Child: Ancient Times: From the Earliest Nomads to the Last Roman Emperor: Ancient Times: From the Earliest Nomads to the Last Roman Emperor v. 1 Paperback – 2 Jun 2006
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Enter your mobile number below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
This works wonderfully as a family read-aloud... There's plenty of dialogue and enough detail to keep adults interested. --Cafi Cohen, author of Homeschooling The Teen Years"
This may well be the best multi-age read aloud narrative of world history yet to have been written.
About the Author
Susan Wise Bauer is the best-selling author of the Story of the World series, The History of the World series, The Well-Trained Mind, and The Well-Educated Mind, among other works. She lives in Virginia.
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
I shouldn't have worried - she has really enjoyed it so far and we've been finding out new things together. The chatty style is pitched just right for her level of understanding and the chapters aren't too long. You can't read too much at once as it would get too overwhelming but we've had fun discussing topics like how archaeology works, nomads, pyramids and mummies, military dictatorships (!). The language is sometimes a little Americanised but as long as you're aware of that it doesn't interfere with your understanding. I'm looking forward to the others in the series. A minor point but I also like having the hardback version, it has a nice robust feeling to it!
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Unfortunately for me I didn't check whether this product had a British narrator. I was very excited to receive the product but without a crisp British voice telling the story I... Read morePublished 18 months ago by Sarah K Davies
its is well written even for the 5 year old child. My son enjoys history!Published 19 months ago by Miss Melissa Galea
My 5 year old is enjoying having her questions about the ancient world answered through the stories in this book. So far we have enjoyed the nomads, Egyptians and Romans.Published on 19 Mar. 2014 by Amazon Customer
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Children's Books > Fiction > Classics
- Books > Children's Books > Hobbies & Interests > General Knowledge & Trivia
- Books > Education Studies & Teaching > School Education & Teaching > Lesson planning > Teaching of Specific Subjects
- Books > History > Academic History
- Books > History > Ancient History & Civilisation
- Books > History > Britain & Ireland > Early British & Roman Britain
- Books > History > Europe > Pre-500
- Books > History > Other Historical Subjects
- Books > History > World History > Pre-500
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Education Studies
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Government & Politics
- Books > Sports, Hobbies & Games