- Also check our best rated Children’s Book reviews
The Story of Santa Claus Hardcover – 20 Sep 2014
|New from||Used from|
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
A fun and factual look at the development of the Santa Claus legend, from his origins as Saint Nicholas right up to today's fat jolly elf.
About the Author
Joseph A McCullough is the author of several non-fiction books including A Pocket History of Ireland and Osprey's Zombies: A Hunter's Guide. In addition, his fantasy short stories have appeared in various books and magazines such as Black Gate, Lords of Swords, and Adventure Mystery Tales. He also co-wrote The Grey Mountains, a supplement for the Middle-Earth Role-Playing game.
Peter Dennis was inspired by contemporary magazines such as Look and Learn to study art at Liverpool College. Peter has since contributed to hundreds of books, predominantly on historical subjects, including many Osprey titles. Based in Nottinghamshire, UK, he will neither confirm or deny that he has actually visited Santa's workshop in the North Pole.
Top customer reviews
This book is full of fascinating facts and stories - well researched and presented in an easily readable and beautifully illustrated - a fantastically festive book at this time of year but inspirational whatever the season. I don’t believe it is intended to be a book that you read in one session, nor to be treated as a children’s book though it may appeal to those more able readers who want to find out more about this legendary figure, including poetry about him!
Thanks to the author, publishers and NetGalley for gifting me a copy of this book without obligation.
Although it is a great read, as it is an American book, it refers to Santa Claus instead of Father Christmas, which some people may find confusing for their children.
I was given a free copy through NetGalley, but that did not influence my opinion in any way.
Have a Very Happy Christmas!!!
***This book is suitable for priests and devout catholics as well as readers who find blind faith in the "Mysteries" amusing
Would you like to see more reviews about this item?
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Children's Books > Fiction > Historical
- Books > Children's Books > Hobbies & Interests > General Knowledge & Trivia
- Books > Mind, Body & Spirit > Mythology > Folklore
- Books > Religion & Spirituality > Religious Studies > Holidays > Christmas
- Books > Science Fiction & Fantasy
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Social Sciences > Anthropology > Customs & Folklore > Folklore
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Social Sciences > Anthropology > Festivals & Celebrations
- Books > Young Adult > Historical Fiction