Story of Photography Paperback – 30 Jan 1998
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Enter your mobile number below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
About the Author
Michael Langford, renowned author, teacher, and practitioner, is a legend because of his skill that balanced art and technique. He inspired and taught thousands. As Photography Course Director at the Royal College of Art, London, UK, his key involvement with photography courses and exams set the standard worldwide.
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
In Part 2 Langford introduces us to the subjects, styles and approaches to the photography – with a short biography about, and photos by, the main representatives of the different genres and periods. He introduces us to pictorialism, naturalism and other modernist movements. We learn to know about the boom in professional photography during the permissive 1960s and the post-modernist movement in the 70s and 80s – when photography achieved a status as fine art equal to painting and sculpture.
As to myself I found my favourites among the realists, and thanks to this book I now want to read more about photographers like Edward Weston and Ansel Adams - about the former’s exquisite stress on form and rhythm and the latter’s almost pantheistic visions of the American wilderness. Even if this book does not mention the development of the digital photography, it is a good introduction to the world of photography that may also give other readers than me an impetus to read more about the many aspects touched upon here.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Art, Architecture & Photography > Photography > Digital Photography
- Books > Art, Architecture & Photography > Photography > History of Photography
- Books > Art, Architecture & Photography > Photography > Photo Essays
- Books > Art, Architecture & Photography > Photography > Reference
- Books > Art, Architecture & Photography > Photography > Techniques & Tools
- Books > Art, Architecture & Photography > Photography > Theory
- Books > Computing & Internet > Digital Photography > Techniques & Tips
- Books > School Books