- Enjoy £1.00 credit to spend on movies or TV on Amazon Video when you purchase a DVD or Blu-ray offered by Amazon.co.uk. A maximum of 1 credit per customer applies. UK customers only. Offer ends at 23:59 GMT on Wednesday, November 30, 2016 Here's how (terms and conditions apply)
Story Of A Cloistered Nun [DVD]
Get £1 Off Amazon Video*
|Price:||£8.99 & FREE Delivery in the UK on orders over £20. Details|
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Frequently Bought Together
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
In this companion piece to his NUN AND THE DEVIL, director Domenico Paolella refines the genre, often imitated but never equaled, which denotes both the origin of Nunsploitation cinema and its artistic peak. Eleonora Giorgi (Argento s INFERNO) gives a powerful performance as Carmela, a young aristocrat who refuses an arranged marriage and is sent to a convent. Her arrival intensifies the power struggle between the decadent nun Elizabeth (Catherine Spaak, Argento s CAT O NINE TAILS) whose influential family maintain her debauched Sapphic lifestyle inside the cloister, and the stern but evil Mother Superior (Suzy Kendall Argento s BIRD WITH CRYSTAL PLUMAGE) as both women are smitten by Carmela s beauty.
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
Sexploitation Italian style movie for Catherine Spaak (no explicit nudity) and Eleonora Giorgi fans.
Some interesting plot twists.
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
The beautiful young woman in the photo is the newest nun in the convent, and several of the older nuns cast covetous gazes in her direction as she removes her stylish clothing to change into her nun's habit. One slightly older nun in particular shows an interest in her, and later even tries to seduce the girl, but nothing comes of it as the girl refuses to comply. We also see a brief glimpse into this older nun's room where she happens to be entertaining another (nude) younger woman, but again we don't really see anything but that brief glance.
Again, why make a film about a beautiful young novice surrounded by older women and then not include a single good lesbian scene? I don't get it.
I loved the story line and scenery.