Customer reviews

on 29 January 2008
Even for those who have been brought up in a loving family, this book will be deeply moving. To those who have experienced an unhappy childhood, lacking love and perhaps experiencing abuse, this book will surely encourage one to believe that Jesus is indeed the one who is anointed to heal the broken hearted and bring hope, healing and wholeness to any who turn to him.

Stormie tells her story with amazing frankness and honesty. Truly this is a book that cannot be put down. The pain, trauma and emotion flow from each page with heart rending effect. In the final chapter where she tells of sharing her story in a women's prison, its impact on the inmates reflects its moving power as she relates how Jesus Christ took the broken pieces of her life and made her whole. If you know anybody who has suffered abuse and broken relationships this book is a must read for them, but it is highly recommended to all readers whatever their background.
on 29 December 2005
I am not one for autobiographies, but after reading Stormie's 'Lord I Want to Be Whole', where the author outlines how she moved from emotional bankruptcy to a full emotional life, I was intrigued and wanted to know more about her.
So I bought this book and was pleasantly surprised. It is a work that really does capture the imagination.
Stormie gives a very candid view of what her life was like, growing up with a mentally-ill mother. Her writing style is easy to digest which makes her story very accessible and she avoids 'preaching' too much to the reader. This is where the power of the narrative lies. She is a Christian and is clearly devoted to her beliefs, but she avoids 'ramming it down the throat' of the reader. It is a very good story and she some how manages to convey how desperately miserable she was in her early life - being caught in drug abuse, two traumatic abortions and a miserable marriage - and how she goes through a God-inspired transformation.
It must have taken her much courage to be so open in writing her story. It is a truly inspiring story and I just could not put it down. This is a book that will draw both empathy and admiration from a reader.
on 1 June 2009
I read stormie's autobiography and found it to be inspiring and very uplifting. Unlike most books i have read it took me just over 1 day to finish it- i could not put it down.I wept at her lows and and eventually rejoiced at her highs in the Lord. This book comes very highly recommended for every xtain and those seeking the TRUTH. It will open one to the unmerited mercy and grace of God,His love and Power to deliver no matter how deep in sin we get to,His grace and love is much greater and able to deliever.
on 19 December 2011
If I had to choose only 10 books to take with me to a desert island, this would surely be among them. Stormie's story of going from emotional agony to complete healing stays with me always, even though I have not suffered abuse like she has. It is a story of hope and overcoming pain, and on down days or days where my faith is wavering, I think of Stormie and how God took her on this amazing journey to healing and wholeness,and my own faith and hope are renewed. Don't hesitate - buy it!
on 30 July 2010
This book is ideal for any Christian (or person of any faith) struggling with the concept of forgiveness because of a traumatic childhood, etc.
on 3 April 2014
I find this book to be fascinating and a page turner and read it in one sitting. The story of Stormie's life from childhood to adulthood, takes you on a journey of understanding and the process of healing, ultimately to forgiveness and freedom with her deep personal issues, scaring and damage from her childhood. The book also gives you a picture of her life while living the Hollywood Dream, and the cracks and flaws under the surface, (behind the scenes). Her writing style, although dealing with very serious and heavy issues, is practical and without any hint of self pity or "misery memoirs", making it a pleasure to read. I enjoyed it and thoroughly recommend it to anyone and everyone who has had difficulties in childhood, and needs recovery and healing.
on 6 August 2013
I had already been blessed by Stormie's books of prayers so I had to read her autobiography. This is a sad yet encouraging story. I was so enthralled by it that I read this book in one day, I could not put it down. It is well written and such a blessing that I can recommend it to everyone, male or female Christian or not. It will touch your heart and give lie to the notion that Christians are boring and dull, (just look at her picture!) There is no reason why that should be the case and this wonderful book shows why. This talented, gifted lady clearly demonstrates that Jesus is alive and will bless any life fully committed to Him

Ken Kirkwood
on 12 December 2011
This book is written so honestly. Stormie tells us about how she was raised by a schizophrenic mother and how this affected her life badly until she became a Christian and Jesus helped her redeem her life and her sanity. She does a good job of describing this process so that you can see how it's done. If you stuggle with not feeling good enough or have major barriers in your spiritual life you'll relate to this. Highly receommended :)
on 4 December 2014
A powerful read not only for those who have experienced a life of utter misery and abuse, but also for someone like me who only experienced unconditional love and security. I was overwhelmed by God's Grace and His Love. This book has certainly helped me in my Christian walk. Mary.
on 12 September 2013
Amazing picture of how The Lord heals, redeems and restores. Takes the brokenness of our lives & holds the pieces in His hands, and can even make something beautiful from them.