Customer reviews

on 19 January 2017
Period detective tales with a railway theme, simple plots and some are rather too technical for any but the hardened enthusiast who appreciates the details of construction and procedure of Edwardian railways. Not re-readable.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 16 March 2010
I bought this book because several of the stories had been broadcast on Radio 4 and I was intruiged. The stories are much shorter than, say, the Sherlock Holmes ones, and are very cleverly written. Much enjoyed.
on 31 December 2008
I bought this book for my husband for Christmas as a surprise. he had immensely enjoyed listening to the stories on the radio. I was very pleased at the speed with which the book arrived and its excellent condition. My husband was delighted to receive it and is enjoying reading the stories very much. I especially like the facsimile advertisements at the front and the back of the book.