on 9 May 2014
We bought the Glovey Huggy for our 6 year old daughter who has been sucking her thumb since she was just a couple of months old. We were keen to find a product that would look good, be comfortable and that she wouldn't mind wearing, this ticks all boxes, she selected the design she liked online and was very excited about it when it arrived, it came with 3 gloves (great bearing in mind you need to wash them regularly) and a little monkey toy as well which was a bonus. As our child is 6 it has been easy to reason with her about why she needs to stop sucking her thumb and why the glove is important to wear and so far we have had only two nights (out of around 3 weeks) where she has removed the glove to suck her thumb. We have found that combining the glove with a reward chart really works so that she has a goal to work to. The child really does need to wear it day and night for it to be effective and we envisage her wearing it for at least a couple of months for her to break the habit. The downsides are the price, too expensive and yesterday the presstud fell off one of the gloves so it will now be too loose to use. I would recommend this product for children of 5 plus, I am not sure how well it would work on a younger child.
on 10 May 2015
My daughter has always sucked her thumb n it's been quite a big issue for a while, she 7 now n I always presumed she would grow out of it but now her adult teeth are coming through I was very worried on it effecting her adult life n the dentist advised the habit will start altering her face if we didn't stop soon. If we can get her to stop her over bite should correct its self as she gets older. It was my dentist who recommended these. I was doubtful because I had tried various ways but within a week she was out the habit. She hasn't worn the gloves for over a month now n I've yet to catch her doing it. I am very impressed and would highly recommend this product. They did take a while to arrive but will worth it
on 23 March 2014
Excellent..my daughter has stopped her thumbsucking thanks to these gloves!! I would thoroughly recommend them to anyone with a thumbsucking child.
on 17 November 2015
My daughter loved these and stopped sucking her thumb IMMEDIDATELY - it was amazing - she was 6 and a half and I know how difficult it is to stop as I was a thumb sucker until I was 12. I think these are an amazing product.
on 20 June 2015
Excellent. Daughter loves it and is happy the wear it. Thanks for your when first delivery got lost in the post. Replaced gloves without and hesitation.
on 18 August 2015
Highly recommend- my five year old little girl is no longer a thumb sucker thanks to these!
on 27 December 2016