on 22 March 2014
This is a very good book to read for Christians who are unsure of their present salvation status due to own personal life experiences or whatever. From time to time we all stumble and fall and, sometimes, to our shame, "blow it big time"..... Don't we? If we're honest! And then the doubts!! And then the shame!!!

You will be uplifted by reading this book. It is very scriptural and very readable. If you are concerned and you are looking to Jesus and resting your hope on Him, and know it in your heart, you are saved. Read this book and see.
on 15 April 2014
I loved the title. These phrases are a major part of evangelical preaching, and are a major reason why there are many doubting Christians and false professors. But I don't just love the title, I love the book. This is a great read for Christians who are doubting and for unbelievers who are seeking. It is wonderfully clear, showing that assurance is not to be found in going back to an act in the past, but by looking at one's attitude in the present - I know I'm saved because I am depending on Christ, not because I prayed a prayer at the age of 5 1/2. This will bring assurance to those who have no cause to doubt, and it will bring awakening to those who have every cause to doubt.
(Why not five stars? I think how he deals with Rom.11:22; Jude 20-21; the warnings in Hebrews; Jn.15:6 needs improvement. Some of those passages aren't salvation verses, and the warnings in Hebrews need to be read in the very particular Jewish context in which they were given.)
on 10 June 2013
A wonderfully honest and reassuring book. Directly addresses the way I felt when I thought my faith was weak at best or at worst non-existent. Given my role with Christians Against Poverty it came as a real inspiration and has resourced me for the work ahead.
on 7 March 2013
Was attracted by the title, wasn't sure how to take it. So glad I bought it, I loved it. Easy to read and understand, and extremely helpful. Would recommend it to family and friends, in fact I already have.
on 30 March 2015
I've often wondered if I could be a Christian, was my conversion real or had I tricked myself? This book shows that I'm not alone in thinking like this, the author admitting his own experiences.

I wish that I had read this book years ago, and certainly I can see me going back to it to refresh its teaching in my heart. If I had to trust in myself for salvation then I wouldn't make it past a week - but God in Jesus has won for me a salvation that is infinitely more solid than my best efforts.
Do read this book - it has given me great comfort & joy
on 15 December 2014
I've read most of the book but enough to be sure the Writer is a sound Christian pastor/teacher. There is a lot of confusion out there for those seeking sound advice about what's involved in being Christian and in a real relationship with Jesus but this is good advice. Though this is an American presentation don't be put off by that - once I'd got past the first few pages I was very impressed with his sound teaching and in particular they ways he comes up with to illustrate truths and spiritual principles.
on 5 December 2015
I didn't really have the problem of "habitually" asking Jesus into my heart (just once was enough for me... ) but I wanted to read what the author had to say about assurance of salvation.

Rev Greear has an easy and truthful style, and has no hesitation in presenting his own struggles in this area. This certainly gives him an openness, authenticity, and honesty which IMHO can sometimes be lacking with Christian writers.

This is a good book that presents the process of Christian conversion in a very different light to the traditional evangelical view. It's not "way-out" or "wacky" so conservative Christians should have no problems digesting it. What it does is - and this was great for me - it explains the relationship between faith and works in the process of salvation. It cleared up a lot of questions in my own head about where our actions fit into our salvation, and left me feeling a lot clearer about where I stand, where God stands, and where Jesus stands, when it comes to "being saved!"

The book is well written, well thought out, and logical. It's well supported by scripture, and The Bible references are all there so you can check out each reference as you read through. I thought it was a quality read and a helpful volume. Highly recommended.
on 14 November 2013
I found the item very useful and I had no problem with it and I did not wait for it too much but exactly the time suggest at the time of the purchasing. thank you
on 23 August 2014
Very helpful book that confirms assurance of faith is possible if we accept Christ's finished work for us. Thank God we ARE saved by Grace Alone!!!
on 10 August 2015
Given me great scriptural assurance that my salvation is from Christ's finished work not a prayer made. Read it yourself.