- Also check our best rated Biography reviews
Stop! Armed Police!: Inside the Met's Firearms Unit Paperback – 29 Nov 2013
|New from||Used from|
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
An absolutely fascinating and focused insight into the history of this Unit, told by an officer who has served at the sharp end. --Keith Skinner, author 'The official Encyclopedia of Scotland Yard
A 'must have' and a 'must read' volume for anyone with a real interest in the subject --Roger Gray, author 'The Trojan Files' and 'Target Trojan'
'An interesting and historical insight into the world of police specialist firearms operations in the Capital' --Chris Ryan, author
About the Author
Stephen Smith, veteran of over a thousand armed operations during his twenty-two years with the Metropolitan Police Specialist Firearms Command was born in south London in 1960. He joined the Met at nineteen and after twelve years in uniform passed selection for PT17, the Met's firearms unit, where he was selected to work on the Specialist Firearms Teams, experiencing first-hand the explosive and controversial world of police firearms operations. Between operational postings Stephen has taught most aspects of armed policing. He retired from the Met in 2013 after thirty-three years' service.
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Top Customer Reviews
Lots of unique information and photos from recent events often blurred by the press. Chapter on the Stockwell tube incident particularly compelling - good to get another perspective from someone who was actually there.
He was a Commander at NSY in Special Branch so was very interested as to the authenticity and whether it was genuine as today there are a number of books similar.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
What a fantastic and educational book, so refreshing to get the real and unedited version of firearms history and past shootings. Read morePublished 4 months ago by Amazon Customer
An incredibly interesting book about what goes on behind the scenes and on the front line. Brilliantly well written by an expert on the subject with a true passion for the job.Published 6 months ago by Dan Johnston
A well written and informative book. It's a real eye opener and a must have if you have any interest in the firearms side of British policing and it's development over the last 4... Read morePublished 7 months ago by Dave Carruth
Read through the book over the last few days having bought it off Amazon. Really fascinating insight into the progression of the Met's firearms unit with the addition of some... Read morePublished 8 months ago by Luke
Approaching the halfway Mark on this book.
This is a thoroughly enjoyable book. It's well detailed and accurate. Really liking it a lot...
An excellent read. True account of actual events by the man who's been at the forefront of the action. Very interesting accounts that have only just seen the light of day. Read morePublished 11 months ago by Jeroen0110
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Biography > Historical > Britain > Military
- Books > Biography > Historical > Britain > Social & Urban History
- Books > Biography > Historical > Countries & Regions > Europe
- Books > Biography > Historical > Social & Urban History
- Books > Biography > Political > Britain
- Books > Biography > True Crime > Police
- Books > History > Europe > Great Britain
- Books > History > Military History
- Books > History > Social & Cultural > Local & Urban > London
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Government & Politics
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Social Sciences