on 1 May 2012
Having read other wrestler's biographies like Bret Hart and Mick Foley and I'm sorry to say that Steve Austin's book is only average. My main gripe is that throughout a good portion of the book it feels like he's keeping you at arms length and not letting you get to know the real 'Stone Cold'. I did enjoy it but I wasn't gripped like I was with Mick Foleys book where you felt he was honest and open all the way through.

You can understand why he has been such a success as he has a determination and work ethic that can only be admired. Also His compassion and loyalty to his close friends and family is an example to be followed and the injuries that he's overcome show his strong mentality and the willingness to fight back against insurmountable odds.

I would recommend this book to only hardcore wrestling fans.
on 23 June 2017
Informative, funny and a very engaging read.

Fans of the WWE or Austin's more recent TV offerings will find this fascinating.

It's a few years old now, so be aware that it's not fully up to date as a biography.
on 4 February 2014
I thought this was an awesome read. Probably more a three and a half star than a four, but more deserving of a four than a three. I felt the first quarter seemed to drag a bit, probably more impatient to read about his career to care much for his upbringing, but in retrospect he was very open, and I feel you get to know him a lot more as Steve Williams because of it, there are also quite a few laughs to get out of it. Other than Debra, due to the constraints placed by court, he talks very openly and candidly about his failed relationships, as well as his experience of almost starving while starting out in Memphis, which also expose him far more as the man behind Stone Cold. I would've liked a little more on some of the guys backstage, it seems like there are quite a few names he avoids. His recounting also tends to be a little scattered in places, with him repeating himself a little in places, which can drag a little. If you're looking for a big reveal of all the politics and skeletons of the attitude era, you won't find it here. If you're curious as to who the man behind the TV personality is, and are interested to find out a lot of things you probably didn't know about his wrestling career before WWE, then this is your book!
on 30 January 2018
Stone cold ,well what can I say a good journey through his life .well written
on 13 September 2016
Bought for my nephew as hes just started to take a interest in books rather than computer games. he really enjoyed this book and the price was really good as well.
on 6 June 2017
Good.
on 23 March 2018
Entertaining and honest account of one of my favourite wrestlers journey. Nearly as good as Mick Foley books, get reading.
on 25 January 2016
insightful read of one of my favourite wrestlers of all time.
on 23 March 2018
Great read
on 31 October 2013
My son is a huge wrestling fan and loves this book. Good pictures and info. Very happy with it and the service. Thanks.