Customer reviews

on 19 June 2017
Sent the wrong parts, so the stand for the rocket wouldn't fit together.... we made this work anyway with a bit of tape and glue as this was a gift and they wanted to play with it, or I would have sent it back. They did however really enjoy using it once we got it going and it goes some distance, even when used by a 4 year old.... Don't think the rockets will stay in the garden long!
on 18 May 2017
6 year old nephew LOVES this bad boy and it goes MEGA high! good present.
on 18 March 2017
Good fun, but a couple of observations:- Supervision of children a must; stand flimsy; ensure rocket is NOT launched toward anyone. Just be careful!
on 12 January 2015
My 7 years old daughter and boys (9 and 11) keep launching rockets for more than two weeks, every time they see the toy. They play indoor mostly, because of winter, and no accident happened till now. Very simple, yet effective device.
11 Comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 11 July 2017
kids love it but recommend you buy extra rockets as they get lost
on 20 June 2017
Kids love this. Works really well
on 19 July 2017
Great product arrived quickly
on 3 March 2017
Kids love this excellent.
on 19 March 2017
My kids have a stomp rocket. We bought this stomp rocket for another kid, that my kids know, as a birthday gift. The best thing about the stomp rocket is the amount of fun you, the adult, will have with this thing. Imagine being at the park and saying to your kid "stand back, let me just test this for you, you know.... for health and safety reasons" then stomping your adult foot on the stompy bit and watching one of the rockets (its supplied with six) fly, almost, into the god damn stratosphere. Your kid/s will think you are a machine. Don't, however, be tempted to point the rocket so it fires along the ground, at head height (as cool as it does make you feel). If you land a direct hit, you will damage/maim/blind your or someone else's kid.
I’m just a big kid, so whenever I visit my family, I enjoy seeing what toys and books my niece loves to play with. Yes, we had several tea parties while I was last there. But a trip to the park introduced me to the absolute fun that is the Ultra Stomp Rocket. My brother and I had just as much fun with it as my niece did.

The idea is so simple it’s hard to believe this hasn’t been around for a long time. Several metal bars create a stand. Attached to this stand is a hollow tube that is attached to a giant soft plastic box. I really don’t know how else to describe it since the outside is plastic and it compressed as you stomp on it.

Once this is set up on the ground, you slide a rocket on the tube. When you’re ready to let it fly, just stomp on that plastic box and watch the rocket shoot off into the air. You can adjust the angle of the tube, so sometimes it will shoot out further and sometimes it will shoot up higher.

And right there is something that will help kids understand physics. No, we didn’t try to understand anything but having fun playing with it, but you can easily see how the angle of the launching tube greatly affects where the rocket goes. Whether you discuss it or not, I'm sure this will click with kids when they study that in school.

It definitely goes. My brother and I were able to launch it pretty fair and pretty high.

The rockets themselves are a light plastic with a rubbery nerf like material on the end. (No, this is not an official nerf product.) They land softly, although I wouldn’t want to have one shot directly at me. With the force they launch, I’m sure that would hurt.

The box recommends this for ages 8 and up with supervision. I’m sure one of the reasons is to make sure kids don’t get hurt shooting these at each other. Another reason is that the launching stand takes a bit of work to get together. It’s just a matter of screwing a few pieces together, and my brother did it in a few minutes. I’m sure an 8-year-old could handle it on their own.

But here’s the thing – my niece is 3 - obviously, much younger than the suggested age. To make the rockets fly, she had to jump on the plastic box instead of step on it, and she doesn’t have the weight to make it go as far as my brother and I do. And yet she was having a blast with it. She'd launch one and then run and get it and bring it back, grinning the entire time. Would I recommend leaving her alone with this? No. But with adults watching closely, I think this could be enjoyed by younger kids. Adult supervision is the key.

The Stomp Rocket comes with the assembly to launch the rockets and four rockets. They seem bit flimsy, but so far none have broken. This might not be the most durable toy, but it is fun.

Obviously, you’ll need a large tree free area to launch the rockets into. Since we played with it at the park, that wasn’t an issue at all.

So I recommend the Ultra Stomp Rocket as a fun toy that will entertain kids of all ages. It’s so simple and yet loads of fun.

See one answered question