Stock Investing For Dummies Paperback – 5 Feb. 2013
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
From the Back Cover
- Incorporate stocks into your investment plan
- Ride out the highs and lows of the market
- Balance risks and rewards to reach your goals
- Profit from emerging megatrends and sector opportunities
Grow your stock investments in today′s changing environment
This practical guide gives you proven strategies for selecting and managing profitable investments in either a bear or bull market. You′ll discover how to navigate the new economic landscape and choose the right stocks for different situations and you′ll find fresh real–world examples that show you how to maximize your returns.
- Stock investing 101 understand stock value, assess your finances, set your investing goals, and know your investing style
- Risky business get the 4–1–1 on risk, and understand how you can plan around it to keep your money growing
- The more you know discover how to stay on top of financial news, read stock tables, and work with brokers to become a more knowledgeable investor
- Before you buy find out how to evaluate a company′s financial health; brush up on emerging sectors, industries, and megatrends; and understand the effects of politics on stocks
- Use smart stock strategy find tips and tactics for using brokerage orders, trying trade triggers, keeping the taxman at bay, and more
Open the book and find:
- Tips on how to take stock of your current financial situation and goals
- Common approaches to stock investing
- Pointers for adding exchange–traded funds to your investing mix
- Basic accounting methods for choosing winning stocks
- Information on investing tactics such as brokerage orders and trade triggers
- Considerations for when your stock portfolio is down
- The latest resources for stock investors
About the Author
Paul Mladjenovic is a Certified Financial Planner and national speaker on investing and financial matters. He is the owner of PM Financial Services and www.RavingCapitalist.com; he is also the author of Precious Metals Investing For Dummies.
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Top international reviews
- It's easy to read and understand
- it teaches you the do's and do nots
- lightweight, easy to carry around
- can prevent horrible investing mistakes
- It's definitely not comprehensive
Critical parts to remember on those pages are highlighted at the end for a fast review if needed.
Stock acronyms like, 'P/E' (Price vs.Earnings', are in a glossary and are also explained in relevant chapters.
It's written with humor. An easy, entertaining read.
The book is generally a pleasantly enjoyable and easy read. The author formats the book so that each chapter and topic contained theiren can be read individually, rather than as a continuation of the previous chapters.
So.. If you are a newbie and would like an easily digestable introduction to the stock market than I highly recommend.