- Buy this product and stream 90 days of Amazon Music Unlimited for free. E-mail after purchase. Conditions apply. Learn more
Stinkfoot: An English Comic Opera Paperback – 1 Feb 2003
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Special offers and product promotions
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
A musical comedy, or, as Vivian Stanshall would have it, an English Comic Opera in The Grand Tradition. Stanshall (1943-95) wrote it together with his wife, Ki Longfellow-Stanshall, for their Old Profanity Showboat in Bristol, where it was staged by the Crackpot Theatre Company in December 1985. This book documents these shows. It contains the script of the musical, the lyrics of the songs, photographs, artwork by Vivian Stanshall, and an introduction by Ki Longfellow-Stanshall. The comedy is set in a typically English end-of-the-pier theatre, where the once great music hall artiste Soliquisto and his company have descended for a week. Nine years earlier Soliquisto's greatest creation, a singing and dancing cat called Stinkfoot, disappeared mysteriously from the very same theatre. Soliquisto still mourns for the loss of this talented cat and is shrouded in memories of better days.