This product only ships to the UK
Fire TV Stick with Alexa Voice Remote | Streaming Media Player
|Price:||£39.99 & FREE Delivery in the UK. Delivery Details|
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
- The next generation of our bestselling Fire TV Stick. The most powerful streaming media stick, with the fastest Wi-Fi and most accurate voice search-now including the Alexa Voice Remote.
- Over 7,000 apps, games and Alexa skills, including Amazon Video, BBC iPlayer, ITV Hub, Netflix, YouTube and more.
- Launch apps and control content with the included Alexa Voice Remote. Simply say "Launch Netflix" or "Skip ahead 5 minutes" and Alexa responds. Plus, play music, search for local restaurants and more. Just ask.
- 8 GB of storage and 1 GB of memory for apps and games, a quad-core processor, plus 802.11ac Wi-Fi for fast streaming and smooth performance.
- Easily find what you want to watch with search results from Netflix, Amazon Video, Prime Video, and other third-party apps.
- Amazon Prime members get unlimited access to Prime Video, featuring thousands of movies and TV episodes, including The Grand Tour, at no additional cost. Plus, Prime members can add over 40 premium channels such as Discovery and Eurosport Player. Channels are available as individual subscriptions so you only pay for the TV channels you want.
- Pick up where you left off. Bring hit shows and movies with you when you travel. Plug your Fire TV Stick into a TV's HDMI port, connect to Wi-Fi and continue watching.
- Play current favourites or quickly discover what to watch next directly from the Home screen.
Enjoy a £2 promotional reward to spend on movies or TV on Amazon Video when you purchase a new Amazon Fire TV, Fire TV Stick or Fire tablet sold by Amazon.co.uk. A maximum of 1 reward per customer applies, UK customers only. Offer ends at 23:59 on Thursday, September 7, 2017. Here’s how
Just plug your Fire TV Stick into an HDTV and start streaming in minutes. Use the included Alexa Voice Remote to search across apps and find the best way to watch. The Fire TV Stick has the fastest Wi-Fi and most accurate voice search of any streaming media stick. Shows start faster and stream more smoothly than ever before.
With access to Amazon Video, Netflix, Curzon Home Cinema, All 4, YouTube and more, there are tens of thousands of TV episodes and movies ready to stream. Watch live TV (including sports and news) as it happens. Subscription fees may apply.
Use the Alexa Voice Remote to quickly find what you want to watch. Just say “Find romantic comedies” and Alexa will show you results from apps such as Netflix, Amazon Video and more. Want to skip the opening credits? Say “Fast forward a minute” within Amazon Video and Amazon Channels.
Alexa, the brain behind Amazon Echo, doesn't stop there. Simply press the microphone button and ask to play music, place your favourite order from JUST EAT and more. New skills are being added all the time.
Fire TV Stick with Alexa Voice Remote works with smart home devices such as lights, switches, thermostats and more from WeMo, Philips Hue, Hive, Netatmo, tado° and others. Learn more about compatible smart home connected devices, including starter kits for easy setup.
Being a Amazon Prime Member unlocks thousands of movies and TV episodes, including Amazon Original Series, plus ad-free listening to over two million songs with Prime Music. From award-winning series Transparent and Goliath to great shows for kids such as Tumble Leaf and Creative Galaxy, something is always on.
Amazon Channels is exclusively available to Prime members. Choose from over 40 channels including Discovery, Eurosport Player, ITV Hub+, Hayu and more. Enjoy a wide variety of live or on-demand channels covering entertainment, movies, sports, documentaries, exercise and more. Each channel is available as an individual subscription so you only pay for the TV channels you want.
Whether you’re on a business trip, on holiday or away at university, never miss an episode of your favourite shows. Simply plug your Fire TV Stick into an HDTV and start watching. Some content may not be available in all countries.
Millions of songs are available to stream on Fire TV Stick through Amazon Music, Spotify, Deezer and more. Subscription fees may apply. With Amazon Music, just press the microphone button on the Alexa Voice Remote and say what you'd like to hear next. Unlock 40 million songs with Amazon Music Unlimited. Plus, watch videos from YouTube, Vevo and Vimeo.
COMPARE FIRE TV FAMILY
|Memory||1 GB||2 GB|
|Internal Storage||8 GB||8 GB|
|Remote with Voice Support||Included||Included|
|Game Controller with Voice support||Optional||Optional|
|Gaming||Casual games and more||High performance games|
|Supported Resolution||Up to 1080p||Up to 4K Ultra HD|
|Expandable Storage||No||MicroSD slot|
Top customer reviews
Absurdly, the Stick or TV is tied to Amazon Prime services, and can only be used in UK, USA, Germany (couple of others). If you have an international PrimeVideo subscription, you can not watch Amazon Prime Video on the Stick or TV devices.
The blurb with the Primevideo.com service does NOT include the Prime Stick or Prime TV as supported devices, but does not explicitly state that it will NOT work with these primary Amazon devices
Where it does work, i.e. if confined to the UK, its a good basic device. The navigation isn't up to the standard of an Apple TV, and the absence of a programmable volume control a major omission, you will still need your TV or sound bar remote to control the volume. USB power demand seems high and reported insufficient power from my Samsung smart TV powered USB socket. And it does get overly warm.
I expect you can get round some of the deficiencies by jail-breaking it, using VPN or smart DNS services etc if you are into such things.
If you have an apple TV and IPad or Iphone, then this device offers nothing additional other than a challenge and yet another remote on you table. If only Apple and Amazon would stop fighting and develop an Amazon Prime video app for the Apple TV4, been rumoured but no signs yet.
In summary, plug it in and then add the power supply (Which is included in the box) so that there is a proper supply of power (I thought of powering by USB but why take the chance), enter in your amazon details and start watching whatever you want.
Nice piece of kit really.