- Hardcover: 384 pages
- Publisher: ESPN; 1 edition (10 Nov. 2007)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1933060379
- ISBN-13: 978-1933060378
- Product Dimensions: 15.9 x 2.9 x 23.6 cm
- Average Customer Review: 4.9 out of 5 stars See all reviews (7 customer reviews)
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 307,418 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Steroid Nation: Juiced Home Run Totals, Anti-aging Miracles, and a Hercules in Every High School Hardcover – 10 Nov 2007
|New from||Used from|
Customers who bought this item also bought
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
Top Customer Reviews
This book is an eye opener. I was pleased to discover it wasn't an outright attack on a product which. As many people (Doctors included) would agree. Can be used safely to attain the gains a person desires. As with the book I would not for one second promote steroid use or outright condem it. Although highlighted throughout the book are harrowing stories of how prolonged, excessive steroid use can affect someone.
It is shocking the depth that this drug has gone in the USA where not only professional athletes are taking it under medical supervision for an "edge" but also high school athletes and even high school kids looking to improve their physiques are taking what can be a very dangerous drug.
Even more shocking is what the book highlights about legal supplements and how these can have a similar and in some cases worse negative affect.
If you are an athlete, body builder, fitness enthusiast or even if you are someone who is interested in sociology you MUST buy this book. Honest, frank and impartial this book is an utter joy to read. You will not want to put it down!!!
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Good read...I trained at Golds in 1980 so it was good to get an insight to the bigger picture......and what lengths people will go to to get the edge.Published 20 months ago by Davet
An excellent read, probably the most comprehensive of books like this in terms of era and breadth of sports/athletes covered.Published on 9 April 2015 by Dave Flynn
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Health Issues > Addictions > Drugs
- Books > Science & Nature > Biological Sciences > Biochemistry
- Books > Scientific, Technical & Medical > Biology > Biochemistry
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Social Sciences > Sociology > Sociology of Work
- Books > Sports, Hobbies & Games > Training & Coaching