Package Quantity: 1|Style Name: Double Loop Vinyl Coated|Change

on 27 November 2014
I bought this cable as a replacement for my Kryptonite cable that came with my lock. The only thing I use it for is to secure the quick release wheels on my bike.

I have a major grievance with this cable. I'll be honest, it's a massive pain in the ***. It's very tightly coiled - if you straighten it out, it coils back into the position in the photo. This makes it considerably more difficult to use the cable. It's so tightly coiled that to get it stretched out is difficult and it actively makes it harder to pass the cable between the spokes. You'll get it halfway through and you'll be trying to hold both ends of the cable with one hand and the lock with the other.. and it snags against the spokes.. AGHH.. and you can completely forget about doing the trick where you thread the thread the eyelet though another eyelet. Far more trouble than it's worth on this cable. Ignore my advice at your peril.

On the plus side, it's thicker than the Kryptonite, it does the job, and it's easy to store. I'd rather have it than no cable. But if you are planning to use it for the same thing as me, save yourself a TON of headache and just get something else.
on 9 June 2014
Good replacement for what originally came with my Magnum lock, please be aware this on its own is not sufficient to protect a bike, it is simply a way to deter thieves from taking your front wheel.

In conjunction with a Sold Secure lock, I would recommend wrapping this around your front wheel and frame, then around something which is solidly in the ground, put one of the loops through the opening on the other loop and pull it to your sold secure lock, then put your Sold Secure lock through that loop to secure your front wheel to your frame.

This will not stop the best of thieves, but will put off any opportunists.
on 13 September 2011
This cable is great. It is very thick and the plastic coating has withstood use as a bike cable. It is plenty long enough for most uses including through both bike wheels and the frame. It can be a bit awkward when trying to pull it out straight but the fact that it coils itself means that it is easy to transport. It doesn't have a lock with it but you can be sure that the cable wont be the weak part of any assembly. When someone tried to cut the cable they only managed to cut through the outer coating and not the cable.
on 17 October 2014
I am quite pleased with this Cable so far, it springs back after use which is handy, feels very sturdy and You can put it through the spokes in the wheels quite easily And wraparound things, I got a nice strong Lock to go with it, Very versatile It arrived quickly very pleased that the price
on 31 July 2012
Bought this for about £10. I use it to extend the reach of my d lock for my new motorbike. I have to say it seems well made and for the price is great though it is not quite as chunky and secure as I had thought from the pictures. The length is just right though to allow for securing my bike to street furniture where possible. I would recommend it for the price.
on 10 September 2014
Order two of these steel cables arrived when they said they would. - They appear to be heavy weight and I guess the test will be if anyone tries to cut or force them. Hopefully that will not be the case.......
on 8 October 2013
This Vinyl Coated Steel Cable is very strong which gives you the confort in using for increasing of your personal staff security. Recomand to everybody.
on 27 May 2014
very pleased with this purchase would recommend it to anyone, this was bought as i needed to extend away from my present ground anchor,
on 21 June 2014
Well made, very sturdy and it looks impressive strong. I am using it quite a bit to secure Thule Base and I am very happy with it.
on 27 December 2013
This is a strong chain.
I'm using it to keep my bicycle secured on my back yard.
Fits perfectly my U-Lock.

See one answered question