Quality filters are expensive, so you want to be able to fit them to as many of your lenses as possible. With this set of adapter rings I can fit any of my filters to any of my lenses. For example, I fitted my 77mm polarizer to my Lumix LX7 (37mm diameter lens)! Not something I'd do normally (I usually buy filter in two sizes: 77 and 55, and use the most appropriate size with adapter rings), but a good test of how versatile these rings are.

I bought from seller XSource, thinking that they would ship from China given the low price, but no, they shipped from the South West rather than the Far East (Bristol to be exact), and were with me within 2 days and came well packaged, so cheap and quick.

Few points worth mentioning:

Although the threads are of a decent quality, you have to be careful with the biggest diameters as its easy to strip them or your lens if you force them. This is common to even high quality ring adapters - the turning force on large adapter rings is high, so you have to be gentle and make sure you have aligned properly before screwing them on.

To check that all the adapters have good threading, its worth fixing each step-up ring into the corresponding step-down to make sure they fit. That way you iron out any initial tightness without testing them on your valuable lenses or filters.

If you intend to use adapter rings on lenses that include wide angle, buy the next-up filter and step down, otherwise the extra height caused by using adapter rings may cause vignetting.

If you will be changing filters often, its worth fitting a step up onto the lens and leaving it there, then always unscrewing/screwing the filter onto the ring. That way, you never damage your lens threads. Especially important if your lens has plastic threads, which unfortunately many now do.

A useful accessory to go with this adapter set is a set of matching filter removal tools... search Amazon for 'filter remover'.

There are some thread sizes that you don't get, so if you specifically want a certain size, check its on the list. This is especially true if you use systems such as micro43rds that are not 'standard DSLR' of the Canon/Nikon variety. for example, I need 46 and 58mm, both of which are quite common for micro43rds (I own a Black magic Pocket cinema camera as well as a more traditional DSLR body), and had to buy them separately.

So to conclude:
An essential purchase if like me, you have a number of cameras and lenses (I have lens diameters varying from 82mm to 37mm) and just buying good Tiffen variable NDs for all my lenses would cost over a grand without these adapters!
Also useful if you want to protect your lens threads by threading filters onto a permanently attached adapter ring, so that you only wear out the adapter and filter threads.
on 13 December 2016
Updated 10-Jan-2017
When i purchased this item, there was one ring missing.
I contacted the seller, and they posted this missing item to me.
I am now happy as Larry.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
(Original comment stated) => I will justify my "3" star.
Product specification = fabulous.
Delivery = great.
Functionality = flawless.
The reason for deducting 2 stars is poor QC.
There were 8 of each (step up / step down) as advertised.
I needed 77=>82 step down. Thankfully it was there.
But in the step up rings there were 2 of 62=>67mm and no 67=>72mm.
At least two other purchasers of this priduct has had same experience with a missing ring (and it just so happens to be the same ring).

It just reflects the fact that they are not checking the batches.
review image
on 22 December 2016
I wasn't expecting much for the price, but stepping rings aren't that thrilling are they? When you need one, you never have the right size - or else it's a step-up instead of a step-down, Grrr. This set solves one problem in your life... They're really quite well engineered. All screwed together they make a pleasing little diamond shape, take up almost no space and may, one day, get you out of a jam for almost no money.
on 8 February 2017
Great purchase! Fit properly in my camera lens. Easy to step up or down depend what you need.
I'm not worry any more about use my camera filters with any lens I use.
It coming in two bags, one for the 8x step up and the other for the 8x step down.
on 27 April 2017
Used carefully these are a great asset for any photographer to have to hand, just do not over-tighten them. The value for money is terrific.
on 3 June 2017
Just what I needed to get my slid duplicator to attach to my 72mm lens. I'm a happy man :)
on 25 August 2016
Perfect, now i need a set that goes smaller so i can use cctv lenses
on 19 March 2017
my husband says this is great
on 3 September 2015
Seem very well made & fit well onto my lenses. Not had any problems that other reviewers have had & i would recommend these.
on 27 May 2017
love it. perfect for photography enthusiasts