on 27 June 2013
I don't write reviews on Amazon as a habit but this is a brilliant product. I bought it for my 15-month-old daughter and she absolutely loves it. She never gets bored with 'saaaaand' and will play for hours in the garden if I let her. I like it because:

1) it's hardwearing. ok yes it's made of plastic and doesn't look as trendy as some other sandboxes with special wood cladding but it won't rot or discolor or fall apart because the screws got loose. kids don't care about trendy anyway.
2) it's the right size -- not to big, not too small, it can be moved around easily. 2-3 children can play at it easily
3) it's very practical -- it's sturdy, and was easy to put together. it has a cover.
4) it came with free stuff -- a bucket, spades and 2 'claws' -- more than enough sand toys to keep a toddler entertained

I could see that maybe with older children, they might have to stoop to play but I solved this problem by buying a small folding chair. My daughter isn't too tall for it yet, but thought I'd go ahead and get one. She loves sitting in her chair and building castles.

Buy it.
on 27 July 2012
this sand pit is the best ive ever brought its big enough for more than one child to play round it. my babies love it shame we dont have the weather so they could get the most out of it .
on 7 May 2013
I was a little apprehensive with the purchase but after searching around for ages, this the biggest sand table I can find. I wanted a sand table as I don't fancy the mess that comes with child sitting in a sand pit. However, I do find the play space of a sand pit attractive. This Step 2 sand table is the best of both world for me.

My child don't get messy with sitting in a pit.
I can move the table around easily.
There is plenty of space for more than one child, probably 3 children max can play at the table.
My child bring a stool with him and sit at the table for play when he gets tired standing so your child might do the same.
on 11 June 2016
We wanted a good quality sand table for the garden and this has not disappointed. It's the perfect height for my 18 month old to play, and big enough when a couple of his friends come round too. They also love playing with cars on the lid which is an added bonus.

As others have said, the lid does leak a little during heavy rain but I would imagine most similar products do the same. A bit of water in there meant that my son could build some sandcastles with the wetter sand, which he loved! When extremely heavy rain is due we put some tarpaulin over it which worked fine.
on 18 January 2013
Exactly what we wanted could not be better. Strong and stable. Easy to move indoor or out.great having a lid
on 1 July 2013
great for us at nursery as its just the right height for our 15 months to 2 years age range. Easy to assemble too.
on 19 January 2016
Love this sand pit! Great size and depth. Only thing I would say is the kid isn't a tight fit and sand becomes wet as soon as it rains. Bugs can also easily get in to it! however must say it is sturdy as my little girl climbs all over it and sits in it too.
on 26 July 2016
Long delivery time,
My Grand children live this, it's fairly large and deep - hold two bags of sand - easy to put together and sturdy.
The two year old fits this perfectly the four year old has to bend to play - but overall the product is great, it has a cover which can be used for play too.
on 9 July 2016
Excellent sand tray, very sturdy, with a good lid. A couple of inches deeper would have been preferrable, however, I think it will give enough sand satisfaction for our 2 year old grandaughter, and hopefully for another few years beyond. The good size gives creative space for designing large sand patterns with the tools provided. Plenty of space also for a sand wheel, little sand mould shapes, as well as the tradtional bucket and spade sand castle fun.
on 20 December 2015
this is absolutely perfect for little people and robust enough to handle being moved around the garden when i am mowing the lawn. the other one I had kept losing a leg when I moved it around.
The lid does a good job of keeping the rain out too.