Format: Blu-ray|Change

on 16 May 2008
I can sum this film up in one word. AMAZING.
When I first bought it, I watched it three times!
Ridiculous, I know. But I LOVE this film.
I love to dance and I think Channing Tatum is really hot so this film really a must for me.

Other reviews have said this film has the exact same storyline as many other dance films, but lets be honest - who watches a dance film for the storyline???

The moves are unbelieveable - who knew Channing Tatum could move so well?!

I would DEFINITELY recommend this film, it's fabulous, especially for dance lovers like myself.

Take my advice, buy this film - you won't be disappointed.
on 15 April 2016
This was actually a surprisingly emotional film. there are elements delt with that you wouldn't expect from a film like this and it really enhanced the film as a whole.

well worth the watch and the cast really do outdo themselves.
on 21 August 2015
Loved this film. It is heavy! Wicked dance moves and good cast. The main actor guy can move still and his wife the ballet dance she can move. She has a nice tush a legs still :) Great film! Romantic Love Dance film!
on 12 June 2008
A lot of reviews say this film is worth it for the dancing alone and I do have to agree but the story is nice aswell and the romance between the 2 leads Channing and Jenna is really sweet (real life couple too, how cute!!!).
Anyway back to the dancing, I would give anything to be able to dance like the characters in this film, my favourite part of the whole film is the club scene where its kind of girls v boys, when the film had ended I went straight back to that part to rewatch!
I havn't seen 'Step Up 2 The Streets' yet but the dancing in that is meant to be awesome aswell.
on 21 July 2016
loved this film and the lead actor/actress this reminded me of flash dance but more up to date and the lead male was to die for ;-) I really enjoyed this film as it shows anyone is capable of succeeding. Will defo watch this again, fantastic eye candy for us girls (especially if you like the bad boys ;-) )
on 23 October 2015
Some great dance sequences, but the plot is quite 'light' and there is little good dialogue. I found some of the acting really stilted, but this was possibly in part due to the poor script that the actors had to contend with. Jenna Dewan's acting was particuIarly unconvincing. However, despite all these flaws, I still really enjoyed the film!
on 20 March 2007
Ok, so the story isn't too good, just like the other movies which are similar i guess (guy and girl or someone dieing) But you don't go to see a dancing movie to see how good the story is, or how well they act! Well i dont anyway...

The dancing is great, it is an amazing collaboration between more classical dance and modern hip hop/street dance. The end dance is inspiring by showing how well the two totally different styles can work and complement each other!

If you're into dance it's a *MUST SEE FILM*, if you just want to critise how the film is set, made or acted, don't bother.

Hope this review helped =)
on 29 November 2006
'Step up' is a really enjoyable film you can watch again and again. It's a story about love, loss, unusal friendships and fighting for what you want.

The music & the dance sceans, are graet. so if you like the film, check out the soundtrack.

I highly recommend this film, buy it, you won't be dissapointed.
on 31 August 2015
Ive watched these movies in completely the wrong order and absolutely love the 3rd and 4th movie, this one has a different feel to the others as it is based around ballet rather than hip hop, it doesn't make it a bad movie but it's my least fav of the series
on 7 June 2014
Love this film. Bought this for my 12year old Grand daughter. Had to ask my 22year old Grandson, if it was suitable. ( No good asking his parents! They had not seen it). I still have my copy which I enjoy watching, my Grand daughter thought it was Ooooh!! so good.