Customer reviews

Steens Richmond 2/3/4 Drawer Chest of Drawers, White
Colour: White|Change
Price:£149.99+ Free shipping

on 2 May 2017
Pile of rubbish, even with extra glue and screws just kept falling apart.
on 1 July 2013
Believe it or not the hardest thing to fit in this unit are the little knobs and feet the predrilled holes are just too small, Ok, I dunno if being a lady with little experience in assembling furniture plays a part in this but it took my mother and I ages to assemble this chest of drawers. Of course some steps we had to redo again as we put some bits on the wrong way round and this might have added an extra hour to the assembling process. Building the frame and drawers was actually pretty easy once we got the diagrams.

Bottom line? It was worth it .. it's a nice solid piece of furniture and it was delivered with minimal cosmetic damage from citylink on behalf of amazon.co.uk .. To be honest I needed it so I looked past the fact it wasn't 100% perfect.

I love the classic simple look of this piece and it doesn't feel cheap like some of the ikea furniture. Amazon also offers an excellent price and it's really good value for money. I am thinking of ordering the wardrobe and bedside tables from this range too.

I am happy with my purchase even though it took some effort to put together although my DIY knowledge is quiet limited so that could be why :P

UPDATE JANUARY 2014

After having this piece of furniture for about 6 months the mdf has bent all out of shape. I am admittedly not very good at home assembly but I have assembled ikea furniture which lasted me a lot longer than this. It started with the back panel bulging out, initially I thought I had not put enough nails but as it came off and I tried to put it back on I realised it no longer fitted in the unit. The panel are still straight but they no longer fit on the back of the unit :\

I dunno if you will get from my illustration but it's sort like it's going from this > |_______| to this (_______)

I would avoid this piece of furniture although it looks very pretty it is not worth the price. I am going to contact Amazon and see if I can somehow return or get it heavily discounted as it will not be long as until it will be discarded. It's not overfilled it only has children clothes in.
on 29 January 2014
right the cabinet it great and looks lovely now it's finally all put together. but this is the fourth attempted. the previous three didn't even leave the van. the packaging on this is terrible and that's why I've given a one star. the cabinet just come straight though it, it's been wet, damaged and taped up but always leaving the cabinet damaged. even the delivery driver was getting embarrassed, as it was the same one each time.
overall beautiful cabinet, but the packaging is terrible. they need to bubble wrap it or something to protect the cabinet or it's just going to keep happening. in the end we had to buy it for a different seller.
on 6 January 2015
I have to say i thought i was going to be one of those foolish people who didnt read the reviews before purchase and would be left standing there with my husband wagging his finger saying i told you so! But i was so happy with this product, going off previous reviews this company sounds like they have really upped their game. Brilliant buy looks great, came very well and securely packaged and i deffinately would buy again!
on 6 October 2013
Top was scratched when arrived, sent new product out, I now need to strip and rebuild again, no money offered back so I could repair product. Low quality product with a premium price.
on 1 December 2012
The Chest of Drawers is just what was required. It has been assembled but five of the drawer sides are split and the top is badly marked. It looks as if it fell out of one end as the box had been taped with City Link printed tape. It is prefered that these broken pieces are replaced as sending the complete unit would possibly result in waiting too long. If more were to arrive damaged would be unacceptable. Please advise asap.
on 26 August 2013
Nothing special, a bit over priced as on sale at Tesco for £95.00

Replacement unit had minor scuffs on it, a few small dents, and 2 minor parts missing..
on 11 August 2013
Damaged in several places. Bottom piece of the front warped and pain cracked. Plastic joiner for back in several pieces. Top piece damaged at both rear corners. One of the holes for attaching the drawer to the runner not threaded so needed a friend with an appropriate drill piece to sort. Having said that, it is reasonably priced and the drawers are actually flush which is more than I can say for most Ikea furniture of similar price.
on 26 February 2014
The box was bashed on arrival. The unit was chipped at both sides on the front and the paint had come away. The bag containing the glue and screws etc was burst with glue all over the screws and dowels. Would like my money back but no response. Unit now in garage and not fit for a bedroom due to condition.
on 31 October 2016
Despite some poor reviews I decided to buy this item. It took a little longer to make from flat pack but it was worth taking your time over. A good sturdy set of drawers that was good value for money. Overall I am very pleased with the item.