Steel Construction Manual Hardcover – 1 Mar 2000
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
There is also a section on construction practices, where you might be reminded to leave an inch or two of space under your column base plates to allow for construction tolerances, and to use special expanding grout for filling it instead of mortar or concrete, which would shrink on curing and provide opportunities for water to get in. Or to try to achieve equal compression in all your columns, so settling will be uniform.
Surprisingly enjoyable, and not used in the other books but maybe not possible there, owing to their extensive excerpting of tables from building codes, is the way the text does not normally keep referring you to figures, but allows you to read uninterrupted. The figures are there, as in the other books, but they have more extensive captions which allow them to stand alone and be read in parallel with the main text.
Like the other books in the series, there are no equations to speak of, or very few. Just an attempt to explain all the relevant principles in a qualitative way and to demonstrate their use with hundreds of meticulous drawings.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Art, Architecture & Photography > Architecture > Techniques & Tools > Materials
- Books > Art, Architecture & Photography > Architecture > Techniques & Tools > Structure & Design
- Books > Science & Nature > Engineering & Technology > Civil Engineering > Building Construction & Materials
- Books > Science & Nature > Engineering & Technology > Civil Engineering > Structural Engineering
- Books > Science & Nature > Engineering & Technology > Mechanical & Materials Engineering > Materials Science
- Books > Scientific, Technical & Medical > Engineering > Civil Engineering
- Books > Scientific, Technical & Medical > Engineering > Mechanical & Material Engineering