Learn more Shop now Shop now</arg> Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now DIYED Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Learn More Shop now Shop now

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-4 of 4 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 2 Nov 2010 20:56:27 GMT
Can anyone tell me if this has steam I would like to get the steam and game for windows achivements, and if you activate it on steam do you also get it available for download on your account thank you

In reply to an earlier post on 6 Nov 2010 09:14:46 GMT
K. Litynski says:
Hi,

I tried to activate games from this edition on steam -- it doesn't recognize CD-Keys at all!

If it would not be enough -- they aren't recognized by Games For Windows Live, either!

I spent about an hour after installation GTA IV (before playing), because they treat customers like some pirates!

Plus, Rockstar Games Social Club (which automatically goes to autostart) slows down my computer reeaaally bad.

I think next time I will just overpay and buy games on Steam -- should be much easier (and I wouldn't have to wait).

In reply to an earlier post on 6 Nov 2010 09:17:01 GMT
K. Litynski says:
But yes, you can buy this edition on steam.

In reply to an earlier post on 6 Nov 2010 16:21:31 GMT
Last edited by the author on 6 Nov 2010 16:21:53 GMT
Sorry I have made a mistake there is no such thing as steam on GTA4. I thought it was but it was Rockstar Social Club Games account you login to, I have played a copy and liked it so I bought it. You can add games to steam as non-steam games, but for steam achievements and stuff even if you buy from steam you will not get these apart from few games like some Half-life and counter strike etc because the are made by valve who bring you steam. Sorry for confusing anyone.
As of the Games For Windows issue I phoned up a number for United Kingdom support on Games For Windows Website and the number is actually for Xbox Live and they cannot help you. At first I was told to phone up Rockstar and did and they said it was a Games For Windows issue that the CD-key isn't accepted logging into Windows Live.
I was going to buy from steam but it's 25 pounds, here it's 18. For other games it's like 20 pounds when you can get for like a 5er on https://amazon.co.uk.
But for GTA4 you have to have the disc which is so annoying I used the 1.0.4.0 no cd to launch my 1.0.7.0 (latest version) I thought I fixed it changing compatibility mode to Vista Service pack 2 but it turned out it was a fluke it managed to work first attempt in Vista mode. It turns out it's like a 1 in 10 chance to load maybe(it says not responding and closes itself)? And even with the disc in with normal launcher it doesn't begin to load lots of times but when it does it's fine.
This would probably be the one game you might want to buy straight from steam to avoid having to use discs and have cd key issues.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  2
Total posts:  4
Initial post:  2 Nov 2010
Latest post:  6 Nov 2010

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

This discussion is about
Grand Theft Auto IV: Complete Edition (PC DVD)
Grand Theft Auto IV: Complete Edition (PC DVD) by Take 2 Interactive (Windows 7 / Vista / XP)
3.5 out of 5 stars (63)