How to choose a steam generator iron
• Choose a steam generator iron that suits your laundry workload. If pressing a mountain of clothes is a concern, then a high-quality steam generator iron will pay off in the long run while providing professional dry-cleaning results.
• Consider the fabrics you need to iron. From delicate cashmeres and silks to thick denims and wools, steam generator irons are ideal for tackling heavy-duty garments and stubborn wrinkles.
• Steam generator irons that have more bars of pressure can deliver steam deep into fabrics. Models can range anywhere between 3-6.5+ bars of pressure.
• Look for soleplates that glide effortlessly across fabric for an easier and shorter ironing time.
• Choose a steam generator iron that steams powerfully rather than continuously. Powerful steam pummels deep creases, while continuous steam is generally more mild.
• While all steam generator irons will get the job done, entry-level models usually have fewer features and smaller water tanks, while premium models often have better limescale protection and come with auto-clean and auto-temperature abilities.