Customer reviews

Stay Lucky [DVD] [1989]
Format: DVD|Change
Price:£21.28+ Free shipping

on 24 June 2017
I bought this item because I like 80's tv series and this one didn't disappoint. I'd bought the second series before this one and would recommend this 80's tv series.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 8 July 2013
I love anything with Dennis Waterman and this is no exception. Totally different role from The Minder but he plays a great part, very funny in places.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 26 January 2012
It's easy to understand why Yorkshire Television commissioned this series. Though I'm sure it was initially a three episode toe in the water the actors would appeal to a mass audience. With Dennis Waterman (fresh from the ever popular Minder) combining his cheeky London charm with the gorgeous Yorkshire accented Jan Francis a sure hit was in the offing. I think they got it nearly right. I thoroughly enjoyed every episode but it just missed out on being something that could have been excellent. The comedy drama style and the storyline work well but prehaps errs a little too much to the comedic side, but then maybe I'm nit picking on something made over twenty years ago. I won't waste words outlining the plot which you can read elsewhere but can assure you I am looking forward to the second and final series (this time seven episodes) - I know what to expect and I know I will enjoy it!
on 3 September 2011
This was fun! I watched all three episodes one after another and found them very entertaining. I really enjoyed the story, the banter between Sally and Thomas (as in Tank Engine, that line made me laugh) and would recommend this to anyone who likes light hearted comedy drama! It's a bit silly in places but we all need a bit of silliness at times. I'm a fan of Jan Francis and Dennis Waterman and love most things they do! I really loved the two of them in this. Looking forward to series two! Sit back and enjoy the fun!
on 24 January 2010
This first series of Stay Lucky comprises only three episodes. It is a light-hearted drama with a far fetched storyline. Dennis Waterman is a fine actor but this is not his best work. However it was something different for him after "Minder". Yorkshiremen may recognise some of the locations around Leeds etc.
Recommended as an easygoing drama, but nothing more.
11 Comment| 19 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 4 September 2012
I liked this because I like both of these actors and in the first series the wonderful Emma Wray was cast as well but sadly not in the rest. I suppose if I were to sum this up in one sentence I would have to say...When 'Terry' left his job as minder to 'Arfur', this is where he went. It even starts with him leaving London for a new life. Well that and to escape the villains. But I'm a Dennis Waterman fan, have been ever since 'Up the Junction' which incidentally is where I'm from so that probably makes me biased. But as far as I'm concerned, this is old Waterman and Francis at their best.
on 19 October 2013
Love Dennis Waterman in whatever he does. Rest of the cast is great. A great series that I'll watch again. I'd like more of how he comes to his conclusions, but problems are solved with humor and logic.
on 13 August 2010
Very entertaining three piece drama,Excellent acting from Dennis Waterman and Jan Francis as always,nice mixture of a gritty Yorkshire drama with some southern humour and a couple of US mobsters thrown in for good measure, It is a pity that only series one is available on DVD.
on 28 August 2013
being a fan of both dennis waterman and jan francis just had to buy this and I wasn,t disappointed ,nice easy watching
on 2 April 2013
I very much like Denice Watermen,and Jan Francis they work well together.I will be getting the next series very soon.