Customer reviews

on 10 February 2013
I've been quilting & patchworking for around 2 years. I have been sewing for over 30. I saw this book on a few blogs and decided that as I had a lot of bits of fabric I'd gove it a go. It truly was one of the least inspirational books I have bought in quite a while, and I buy a lot! I liked 3 ideas. The rest were uninspirational. The photography is however lovely! This is not a book for someone who owns lots of books, or who plays around with fabric by themselves. I sent it to my sister-A new sewer.
on 6 May 2013
What attracted me to this book are the novel ideas of
making everyday items. The only thing that I was not so
fond of, were the templates that have to be scanned, rather
than the meant -to-be size.
on 28 August 2015
I bought this book on the strength of the front cover, as I thought this was a reflection of the other makes in this book. On the plus side the instructions are detailed and should be easy for a beginner sewer to follow, and the book is beautifully photographed. There is no doubt that there are some useful and beautiful projects too, and these are interesting enough even for the experienced sewist like myself - for instance the set of nesting bowls & the cactus pin cushion.
However, about 75% of the projects would most likely never be sewn by anyone. An example of this is bizarre looking panda bolster, or ones that serve no purpose like the 'pretty petite dress' that is supposed to hang on a hanger and can only be used for decorative purposes. The latter uses up your fabric stash, but gives you a useless dust gatherer instead.
Other items are just not practical, e.g. who wants a fabric bento box ( which looks difficult to wash too ) or fabric cupcake flags ( how unhygienic )? Other items still would make you look like the crazy cat lady if you wore them in public, e.g. the scrappy scoodie, or are not really made for modern living like the armchair arm cozy.
Not for me!
on 13 March 2015
A terrific book! Lots of lovely projects to do. I especially enjoyed the cactus punctuation. For quick and enjoyable stitching and for stash-busting I thoroughly recommend this book.
on 4 October 2015
great for starters in patchwork
on 12 February 2013
I bought it for a friend, who loves doing patchwork, she is really good and she needs some guidance, so hopefully this book will offer that to her....