From the Back Cover
Directory of Online Business Internet Resources Inside!
Everything You Need to Know About Starting a Business Online! The Internet is changing the way we do business, and setting up a business in cyberspace today is easier than ever! With friendly, step–by–step instructions, Starting an Online Business For Dummies® shows you how to establish a successful business presence online right away and with low start–up costs. From choosing the right Web hosting service to preparing for the tax man, Greg Holden's expert advice is sure to help your online business thrive in the worldwide marketplace known as the Internet. Valuable Bonus CD Includes:
- MindSpring Internet Access
- Internet Explorer 4.0
- Trial Version of Norton Utilities 3.0
- Evaluation version of Paint Shop Pro 5.0
- Trial versions of QuickBooks accounting software and Maximizer 5.0 customer tracking and billing software.
Shareware programs are fully functional, free trial versions of copyrighted programs. If you like particular programs, register with their authors for a nominal fee and receive licenses, enhanced versions, and technical support. Freeware programs are free, copyrighted games, applications, and utilities. You can copy them to as many PCs as you like free but they have no technical support. System Requirements: 486 or faster PC running Windows 3.1 or later, or 68040 or faster Macintosh running system 7.5 or later; 8MB RAM (16MB RAM recommended for Windows 95 or later, or PowerPC Macintosh); CD–ROM drive double–speed (2X) or faster; Internet connection (14,400 bps or faster modem, or network regular access charges apply).
Inside, find helpful advice on how to:
- Choose the right Web host and set up your virtual storefront
- Find the best software solution to build a winning site that gives you a competitive business advantage
- Choose the right software to make your Web site a safe and secure environment for business transactions
- Market your business effectively to millions of potential customers
- Locate online support, advice, and resources that will keep you ahead of the competition
- Learn from the successes and mistakes of other online entrepreneurs
- Understand the nuts and bolts of starting a business including business plans, government regulations, and accounting practices
About the Author
About Greg Holden Greg Holden owns his own small business, Stylus Media, which has an Internet presence, and creates Web pages for other small businesses. He has written about small business and the Internet and is the author of IDG Books Worldwide Creating Web Pages For Kids & Parents and Small Business Internet For Dummies®.