on 26 September 2010
I bought this to connect a HTC phone to a laptop, which it does perfectly, except that the phone ends up facedown. I'm not sure if this is the fault of the adaptor or HTC. Apart from that, it's a lightweight and portable way to carry something around for a quick charge.
on 13 August 2012
The head is a cheap clipped-on type. After three weeks, it broke into two pieces. I have to tape it together.
on 28 April 2015
The adapter itself is fairly solid. I had to take it apart so I know. Inside it's totally filled with hot glue so modding the adapter is a no no. The USB A male end is the 'wrong way up' compared to the male Micro USB end. E.g. it inverts the cable. This means if you have your Raspberry Pi and a female USB A socket soldered to another circuit board the two circuit boards when joined together will be facing in opposite directions. To this end the adapter is useless.

I'm sure however for other uses it's fine, though I'm not sure when they would be as if I was adapting a micro USB to a USB A for cables or whatever you'd surely go male to female. ho hum.
on 8 June 2014
Works as you'd expect. However, one thing I hadn't anticipated was the increase in overall length. The phone, plus the original USB connector, plus this connector, makes quite a long combination. It no longer fits in the place I was planning to use.
on 5 December 2010
I use my mobile phone as a WiFi router when out and about with my laptop. This puts a drain on the mobile batery. This small little device provides an easy and convenient way of charging it from the laptop without the need to carry a USB cable.
on 6 April 2016
Great little, pocket sized, connector, that I use to connect a power bank to my phone & tablet in a way that allows me to just hold the phone / tablet.
Seems to be of good quality and hence will last. I may well be buying another.
on 15 April 2016
Hard to find (male to male) but Kikatek have it and ship it excellently with a routinely emailed VAT receipt. Thanks. Great product that I recommend.
on 27 November 2012
Did exactly as required of it. Excellent.
(Can't think of any more to say - just padding out to complete 16 words)
on 5 February 2015
Does exactly as described and great value for money when compared to other similar products.
on 14 March 2016
Good value for price. Does its job.
I do recommend. Received quickly.