- Save 10% on selected children’s books, compliments of Amazon Family Promotion exclusive for Prime members .
Start and run a Restaurant: 2nd edition (How to Books: Small Business Start-Ups) Paperback – 29 Jan 2010
|New from||Used from|
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Special offers and product promotions
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
About the Author
Carol Godsmark is a restaurant and chef profile journalist, critic and chef, as well as being a restaurant consultant, guide book inspector and former restaurateur. She is editor of Savour, the Guild of Food Writers' magazine.
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Top customer reviews
I have always dreamed of running my own place (Haven't got there yet as I am still at University), but when I finish this is a book I will definitely come back to. It has great tips on where to begin and what to do and what not to do. It also has small details that could potentially make a big difference to someones experience visiting your establishment. For example, simple menu explanations, I have always been a massive menu critique, alot of people think "ah needs to have nice fancy writing to portray fancy food" Wrong!, it all depends on what type of food you are serving and what target audience you are aiming for, not to be too patronising, but some people may not be able to read that typography etc. I could go on forever about small details but that's why this book helps so much.. basically "I didn't think of that, good point"....Bravo Carol
Anyway for £11 you cannot go wrong, but you could, if you don't buy it ;)
The book covers everything from deciding what kind of restaurant you wish to run, scrutinising a potential property, dealing with music, smoking, alcohol, finance such as calculating menu costings and prices, raising capital, running a safe, hygienic business and marketing your restaurant to choosing suppliers, organising wine and other drinks and the all-important customer relations.
Owning and running a restaurant is a most exhausting, nerve-racking time but it can also be the most satisfying, rewarding part of your life. I've laid out the difficulties you may encounter - and the strategies needed to create a successful business. Do let me know how you get on! Good luck to all to embark on such a venture.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > Biographies & Histories
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > Small Business & Entrepreneurship > Accounting & Finance
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > Small Business & Entrepreneurship > Entrepreneurship
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > Small Business & Entrepreneurship > Law for Small Businesses
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > Small Business & Entrepreneurship > Starting a Business