- Paperback: 766 pages
- Publisher: Entrepreneur Press; 6th Revised edition edition (29 Jan. 2015)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1599185563
- ISBN-13: 978-1599185569
- Product Dimensions: 15.2 x 3 x 22.6 cm
- Average Customer Review: 4.0 out of 5 stars See all reviews (1 customer review)
Amazon Bestsellers Rank:
551,979 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
- #306 in Books > Business, Finance & Law > Small Business & Entrepreneurship > Law for Small Businesses
- #355 in Books > Business, Finance & Law > Small Business & Entrepreneurship > Starting a Business
- #417 in Books > Business, Finance & Law > Small Business & Entrepreneurship > Home-Based Businesses
Start Your Own Business (Entrepreneur Media) Paperback – 29 Jan 2015
|New from||Used from|
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
From the Back Cover
Coached by business experts, practicing business owners, and thriving entrepreneurs, uncover what you need to know before taking the plunge, securing your finances, launching your venture, and achieving the many other business milestones ahead. With this priceless support, you will:
Pinpoint your target market
Uncover the changing sources of funding for startup and growth
Use the latest technology to boost and streamlined your business plan
Learn the secrets of successful marketing and profitable partnerships
Discover digital and social media tools and how to benefit from them
Understand important tax requirements, employee policies, and legalities
Take advantage of the hundreds of resources included
Receive vital forms, worksheets, and checklists
About the Author
For more than 30 years, Entrepreneur Media has been setting the course for small business success. From startup to retirement, millions of entrepreneurs and small business owners trust the Entrepreneur Media family--Entrepreneur magazine, Entrepreneur.com, Entrepreneur Press, EntrepreneurEnEspanol.com, and our industry partners--to point them in the right direction. The Entrepreneur Media family is regarded as a beacon within the small to midsized business community, providing outstanding content, fresh opportunities, and innovative ways to push publishing, small business, and entrepreneurship forward.
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Top Customer Reviews
Written for those based in the United States, it certainly does try and take you through the whole A to Z of starting a business. It cannot be everything to everyone but it has a reasonable stab at covering all of the bases and, if nothing else, acts as a great jumping off point to other reading and research. For those who are not based in the United States, there will be a lot of irrelevant information you will need to skip over, but maybe you will still get your money’s worth!
Another way to look at things is that for the cost of a few coffees you get an immense resource to help you decide whether you really want to go into business yourself and how you might make that journey.
On the whole the information given is clear, reasonably uncontroversial and quite helpful, yet this reviewer believes that it shouldn’t be your only book should you decide to go along the path of business creation. Treat it as a source of good, outline advice and you won’t go far wrong. Generalising is difficult as there are times when you would want to or need to make a business plan but in some situations if you spend several months on your business plan, refining it and polishing it until it could blind you, you might have lost the competitive advantage as another agile person has the idea and has already got their prototype to market.
The glossary at the end is excellent and can be a great help in navigating unfamiliar jargon.Read more ›
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta) (May include reviews from Early Reviewer Rewards Program)
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > Careers > Entrepreneurship
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > Reference & Education > Business Life
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > Small Business & Entrepreneurship > Entrepreneurship
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > Small Business & Entrepreneurship > Home-Based Businesses
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > Small Business & Entrepreneurship > Law for Small Businesses
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > Small Business & Entrepreneurship > Starting a Business