- Save 10% on selected children’s books, compliments of Amazon Family Promotion exclusive for Prime members .
- Also check our best rated Biography reviews
Start With Why: How Great Leaders Inspire Everyone To Take Action Paperback – 6 Oct 2011
|New from||Used from|
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Special offers and product promotions
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
This book is so impactful, I consider it required reading (Tony Robbins, bestselling author of Awaken The Giant Within)
A deep, abiding understanding of what you want to inspire, and how you want to lead is the basis of this inspirational book (Forbes)
One of the most useful and powerful books I have read in years. Simple and elegant, it shows us how leaders should lead (William Ury, co-author of Getting to Yes)
A powerful and penetrating exploration of what separates great companies and great leaders from the rest (Polly LaBarre, co-author of Mavericks at Work)
From the Inside Flap
Why are some people and organisations more inventive, pioneering and successful than others? And why are they able to repeat their success again and again?
In business, it doesn't matter what you do, it matters WHY you do it.
Start with Why analyses leaders like Martin Luther King Jr and Steve Jobs and discovers that they all think in the same way - they all started with why.
Simon Sinek explains the framework needed for businesses to move past knowing what they do to how they do it, and then to ask the more important question-WHY?
Why do we do what we do? Why do we exist? Learning to ask these questions can unlock the secret to inspirational business. Sinek explains what it truly takes to lead and inspire and how anyone can learn how to do it.
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Top customer reviews
Simon Sinek does not set out to be Daniel Pink and be surgical in building support for his claim. Instead he serves to inspire and he achieves this with confidence, sensitivity and the courage to share the idea without trademark or ownership beyond this book.
The Delivery is NOT important. For those who may have delved deeper into Mr Sinek, will discover the TED Talk and the book deal happened at the same time. For a First Time author, the book is great...warts and all.
Those that focus on his prose, critique the structure or the delivery and repetition of examples (HOW & WHAT) perhaps need the comfort of them HOW and the WHAT. And that is okay.
Reading this book is like having a chat with someone who cares and someone who understands. I think it can help you to begin reconnect with your Cause and make the distinction between what matters next and what matters most.
This book argues for setting out the prupose and function of any project and then getting into the detail. It's a simple idea, but in the midst of busy working lives it is amazing how often proximate issues about how to do something develop and seem to lose any connection to the overall function or purpose needing to be achieved. The relationships between the many silos in the NHS exemplify this well and this explains why the NHS collectively achieves much less than the sum of its parts suggests it could achieve.
This book re-emphasises the old saying "Form follows function" which seems so basic- yet which we need reminding about so often. This book is a useful reminder to us.
You will get the same information just from reading the wiki pages from Apple and Harley Davidson- just to save you some pounds.
Would you like to see more reviews about this item?
Most recent customer reviews
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Biography > Political > Political Leaders & Leadership
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > Biographies & Histories > Business & Economic History
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > Careers > Entrepreneurship
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > Careers > Job Hunting
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > Management > Management Skills > Assertiveness
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > Management > Management Skills > Leadership
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > Management > Management Skills > Motivation
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > Reference & Education > Ethics
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > Small Business & Entrepreneurship > Entrepreneurship
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Self Help > Practical & Motivational