- Paperback: 168 pages
- Publisher: Globe Pequot Press (11 Jan. 2011)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0762761245
- ISBN-13: 978-0762761241
- Product Dimensions: 19.3 x 1.2 x 23.4 cm
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 2,245,465 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
- See Complete Table of Contents
How to Start a Home-Based Recording Studio Business (Home-Based Business Series) Paperback – 11 Jan 2011
|New from||Used from|
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
From the Back Cover
Everything you need to know to run a profitable and satisfying recording studio business from your home. Have you ever dreamed of starting your own home-based recording studio business? There is no better time to do so. A home studio revolution is underway, with start-up costs as low or high as a budget allows. But it's a big undertaking. How to Start a Home-Based Recording Studio Business provides all the tools and success strategies you need to launch and grow your business. Veteran recording engineer and entrepreneur Joe Shambro walks you through all the steps necessary to turn your passion into a business including the legalities, financial obstacles, marketing, and logistics associated with turning a space in your home into a professional recording studio. The first-ever guide to focus not only on outfitting a studio but also on converting a studio into a profit-making enterprise, How to Start a Home-Based Recording Studio is an indispensible reference for any studio at every stage of its operationStudio ChecklistProduction and Recording ContractBilling ContractControl Room ChecklistLicense Letter"
About the Author
Joe Shambro is an audio engineer, music producer, and music technology writer from St. Louis, MO. He has worked exclusively as a freelance engineer with a successful home-based recording and mixing studio, as well as traveling worldwide as an in-demand live sound engineer, mixing concerts and recording live for major-label and independent clients. As a recording engineer, he has recorded a diverse portfolio of projects for musicians, corporate, and government clients, from a concert in a bomb-proof bunker at the US Embassy in Amman, Jordan, recording tree frogs in rural Iowa, and capturing the deafening roar of a Space Shuttle launch up-close in high-definition. Joe is also a home recording & music technology writer for The New York Times Company's About.com property, as well as a contributing writer for EQ Magazine. His work has been featured on many media outlets, including CNN, The Armed Forces Network, and Clear Channel Radio.
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
Although it doesn't go into the details as to how to fill out the specific forms needed to start and run your business, it does tell you what forms you need and where to find them. Also, it tells you when you should consider professional assistance from accountants and attorneys.
A great starting point for anyone involved in the music business.
People aspiring to start their own business, as well as artists, can benefit from this book.
The weakest point in this book is the lack of more up-to-date digital distribution information.
It does tell you how to sign up with TuneCore and other services out there.
But, a lot of other services have become available since this book's publication of 2011.
This book can benefit immensely by releasing an updated version that contains more information on the widely used Pandora, Apple Music, Spotify, etc streaming services.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > Careers > Career Guides
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > Careers > Entrepreneurship
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > Small Business & Entrepreneurship > Entrepreneurship
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > Small Business & Entrepreneurship > Home-Based Businesses
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > Small Business & Entrepreneurship > Starting a Business
- Books > Computing & Internet > Digital Music
- Books > Music, Stage & Screen > Music > Learning to Play, Write & Record Music > Recording Music