The Stars: A New Way to See Them Hardcover – 6 Dec 2016
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
"The Stars is the best book available for its purpose. It is also a brilliant example of the combined use of art and writing in bringing science to the layman." Saturday Review
About the Author
Hans Augusto Rey was born in Hamburg, Germany in 1898. As a child, he spent much of his free time in that city's famous Hagenbeck Zoo drawing animals. After serving in the army during World War I, he studied philology and natural science at the University of Hamburg. He then married Margret Rey and they moved to Montmartre for four years. The manuscript for the first Curious George books was one of the few items the Reys carried with them on their bicycles when they escaped from Paris in 1940. Eventually, they made their way to the United States, and Curious George was published in 1941. Curious George has been published in many languages, including French, German, Japanese, Afrikaans, and Norwegian. Additional Curious George books followed, as well as such other favorites as CECILY G. AND THE NINE MONKEYS and FIND THE CONSTELLATIONS.
Top customer reviews
Would you like to see more reviews about this item?
Most recent customer reviews
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Science & Nature > Astronomy & Cosmology > Astronomy
- Books > Science & Nature > Astronomy & Cosmology > Education
- Books > Science & Nature > Astronomy & Cosmology > Reference
- Books > Science & Nature > Earth Sciences & Geography > Reference
- Books > Science & Nature > History & Philosophy > Reference
- Books > Science & Nature > Nature > Education
- Books > Science & Nature > Nature > Reference
- Books > Science & Nature > Physics > Reference
- Books > Young Adult > Education & Reference > Reference > General
- Books > Young Adult > Science & Nature > Astronomy
- Books > Young Adult > Science & Nature > Earth Sciences