- Save 10% on selected children’s books, compliments of Amazon Family Promotion exclusive for Prime members .
Stars (Collins Gem) Paperback – 1 Mar 2004
|New from||Used from|
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Special offers and product promotions
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
From the Back Cover
The Gem Night Sky was first published in 1985 to provide star maps of all 78 constellations with descriptions given of the main components of each constellation. In this new edition the text has been updated and redesigned and the mapping remains unchanged.--This text refers to an out of print or unavailable edition of this title.
About the Author
Ian Ridpath and Wil Tirion are authors of the Collins Pocket Guide to Stars and Planets and The Monthly Sky Guide (CUP). Ian is editor of Norton’s Star Atlas and the Oxford Dictionary of Astronomy, and author of Star Tales. Wil is author of Sky Atlas 2000.0.
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Top customer reviews
Articles on every constellation give essential information for both beginners and advanced astronomers. The articles are accompanied by very detailed maps showing all the neighbours of a certain constellation (so that you can easily find it in the sky) and also mentioning the interesting features you can see in your binoculars or telescope.
Plus there are many more helpful sections (e.g. a table of annual meteor showers) and a few beautiful photographs of galaxies and nebulae. The pocket size of the book (just 8x12 cm) makes it very light and easy to carry - a perfect reference book!
Would you like to see more reviews about this item?
Most recent customer reviews
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle
- Books > Reference > Encyclopaedias
- Books > Science & Nature > Astronomy & Cosmology > Astronomy > Popular Astronomy
- Books > Science & Nature > Astronomy & Cosmology > Cosmology
- Books > Science & Nature > Astronomy & Cosmology > Reference
- Books > Science & Nature > Mathematics > Popular Maths
- Books > Scientific, Technical & Medical > Astronomy & Cosmology > Cosmology