Format: Mass Market Paperback|Change

on 11 March 2010
I have been a Stargate fan since the original film, I actually enjoyed this book. I read this book before watching the series and it made me want to see the series. The advertisement of SGU before it aired put me off along with comments from people all over the world and sky users who had watched part of the series but I was still going to see for myself how it turned out. This book is different from the series start episodes 1 - 3 AIR. The characters are explored in the book earlier whereas the series extended this exploration over the first 5 episodes. Some dialogue is different and I think funnier at times. This book was based on an earlier draft of Air which was changed just before filming.

If you liked other Stargate books SG1 and SGA I think you will like this. The story is not as strong & dramatic as the SGA series Rising but still worth reading. The book is well written and easy to read and could have been used for high ability readers (children 8+) apart from the Lt. Scott and James closet time - could be blanked out though.
on 15 December 2015
I never saw the first part of the opening episode on tv, so I bought the book.
It's good. It reads just like a tv episode. I think it's supposed to.
on 28 June 2010
Don't get me wrong. I am a fan of the series. But I had better wait until the box would come. To buy the pilot on a extra DVD is a waste of money. The promised extra minutes are a joke. I had only found one scene which is new.
The series itself is great. I am looking forward to get the first and the second season on DVD.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse