Starcraft II: Wings of Liberty - Collector's Edition (PC & Mac)
- Three completely distinct races: Protoss, Terran, and Zerg
- Groundbreaking single-player "story-mode" campaign
- Vibrant new 3D-graphics engine with support for dazzling visual effects and massive unit and army sizes
- Full multiplayer support, with new competitive features and matchmaking utilities available through Battle.net
- Full map-making and scripting tools to give players incredible freedom in customizing and personalizing their gameplay experience
- Collector's Edition--see below for additional features
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
- Platform: Windows 7 / Vista, Mac OS X
- Media: Video Game
- Item Quantity: 1
More than a decade in the making, the world's favourite real-time strategy game is finally returning. The original is still played by millions but this sequel makes the whole experience accessible and relevant to a whole new generation of players.
Control an army of vehicles, spaceships and soldiers
|Fight the environment and the enemy in this deadly map|
|Battlegrounds range from deep space to verdant planets|
|Can you keep your cool as hundreds of enemies attack?|
Once again you can choose to play as one of three races - the Terrans, Protoss and Zerg - as you're given complete control of their armies and their wildly different attack units and buildings. A new non-linear storyline featuring the human Terrans (expansion packs will cover the other two races) teaches the ropes and adds to the series' mythos with stunning new cut scenes.
It is online that the game really comes alive though, with ranked matches that instantly connect you to a player of the same skill level. Whichever way you play though the game combines all the action and immediacy of an action game with the complex strategy that has made the previous game such a legend.Key Features
- Really strategic: Sequel to the most popular real-time strategy game ever, with incredible new graphics featuring hundreds of units fighting together onscreen.
- Expect the unexpected: No two story missions are ever the same as you battle everything from deadly lava flows to enemies that only attack at night.
- World of StarCraft: The most feature packed multiplayer ever with a unique ladder system for ranked games, plus detailed matchmaking options, replay features and more.
- Balance of power: Control a perfectly balanced mix of units, including brand new weapons of war and old favourites with enhanced abilities.
- Do it yourself: New editing tool allows you to make your own custom maps and modifications, with a legion of fans ready to create their own flood of unique content.
- The Art of StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty, a 176-page book featuring artwork from the game
- An exclusive 2GB USB flash drive replica of Jim Raynor's dog tag, which comes preloaded with the original StarCraft and the StarCraft: Brood War expansion set
- A behind-the-scenes DVD containing over an hour of developer interviews, cinematics with director's commentary, and more
- The official StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty soundtrack CD, containing 14 epic tracks from the game along with exclusive bonus tracks
- StarCraft comic book issue #0, a prequel to the comic series
- A World of Warcraft mini Thor in-game pet that can be applied to all World of Warcraft characters on a single Battle.net account
- Exclusive Battle.net downloadable content, including special portraits for your Battle.net profile, decals to customize your units in-game, and a visually unique version of the terran Thor unit
Although they originally made console games, this Californian studio is best known for PC blockbusters WarCraft, StarCraft, Diablo and the massively multiplayer online World of WarCraft. In 2008 they merged with Activision to become the biggest third party games publisher in the world.
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
Made out of thick card, fully printed and imprinted as well (the little dots to mark rivets are indented into the box), it slides open like metal jaws, which I think are inspired from the original opening cinematic
Is a DVD box with a cardboard outer box, just like the standard edition, it comes with two Guest keys which allows you to let two friends try the game for free by just installing from your disk or downloading online
A full hard-back colour book, beautiful detail and great print, whilst you may only look through it once or twice, it is indeed very pretty
Must say I haven't opened the separate seal on the included comic book, but this again is fully coloured and looks great, hopefully worth its own collectors value in the future
Geektastic, all of the music from the game, not a lot more to add, comes in a standard jewel case
BEHIND THE SCENES DVD
SPOILERS! it includes most of the in-game cinematics, so will include spoilers, if you want to play through the games full campaign first, make sure to save watching this until afterwards.
Any World of Warcraft (Mac/PC) account on your Battle.net account will automatically have every single character you have sent this pet in the mail, it looks great but is obviously softened up a bit to fit into WoW graphics and look more like a pet, its very entertaining and has trouble sitting still.Read more ›
THE GOOD OLD GAMEPLAY GETS THE CIGAR
Seasoned and new gamers alike will appreciate the simple yet highly enjoyable gameplay. The factions are well balanced and the units perfectly valued. You gather minerals and vespene gas, you build your defenses, you upgrade, you expand, you gather your forces - and you unleash hell. Repeat as needed until satisfied.
STARCRAFT: THE QUICKENING
The game is much faster than the original. Resource gathering, building, researching and expanding all go faster now. This is something that will appeal to most and I for one liked it. It conveys an enjoyable sense of urgency, adding to the immersion. And because the game is richer and deeper, the tension just keeps mounting.
The game designers either enjoyed STARSHIP TROOPERS one times too many or they are fond of killer bees documentaries. Either way, be prepared to have to deal with a lot of swarming enemies! The plains shall be soaked in Zerg blood leaving you with a thick metallic aftertaste of accomplishment.
SPACE. SPACE IS BEAUTIFUL
Visually this game is GORGEOUS. It looks like C&C4 was supposed to (but failed miserably). The units are detailed in design yet clearly discernible whereas the environments are superbly done (although not that variable). True, I could do with somewhat more realistic graphics but I can see that this could only be done at the expense of clarity when the number of units rises.Read more ›
Take the original uniqueness of Starcraft. Add massive improvements in graphics, and an even more considered and careful approach to the level designs, and you have SC2. It would be little use for me to wax lyrical about this game, many other people/reviewers/websites have already done this. For what it is, it is perfect for the job. Excellent level design, longevity, excellent music and FX and great acting. If you like action RTS games, you'll like this.
If we move on to the multiplayer, the options are considerable, with lots of achievements to aim for and endless options for 2/3/4/5/6/7 or 8 player games, with friends or the rest of your assigned global quadrant ( only EU players can play other EU players, or only USA players can play USA players etc etc )
Once the single player campaign is done, you will find more depth and longevity in the multiplayer or singleplayer skirmish modes. I myself have spent lots of time in these modes and have enjoyed every minute.
Whichever edition of this game you get will offer you great value for money, and this is an RTS experience that has simply re-written the rules. I wait in confidence for Blizz to do the same with WOW-Cataclysm. If only they would fix the twinks in PVP and get rid of gearscore.
Starcraft 2. Recommended beyond any doubt
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Awesome, too old now to make a review with other expansion already.
Can't wait for the Legacy of the Void.
If you like Starcraft, then you will love this, I played mostly offline and got bored after a couple of months with the story. Read morePublished on 13 July 2013 by Ian
Pretty nice stuff, got it on SC2 opening day.
I really love Jim Raynor USB 2GB, that includes SC1 game.
You have just spent over £50 of your hard earned cash to buy a game... Wrong you didnt JUST buy a game you bought the sequel to the best-selling game of all time on PC,In this... Read morePublished on 28 Jun. 2011 by Lewis P. R. Carr
I really like SC2, it is really a lot features through campaign and mods.
For more serious players I would say it is THE best E-sport game.
This is the long awaited sequel to the smash first version.
The collectors edition contains the original Starcraft and add-ons. Read more
I bought this as a Christmas present. I has so much more than just the ordinary copy of Starcraft II. All the extras are well worth the difference in price. Read morePublished on 8 Feb. 2011 by C. Obyrne
I have been waiting for this game for 11 years ever since i sunk my teeth into the very first Starcraft game. Read morePublished on 8 Nov. 2010 by Daryl Gilbert
Can't comment on the Single player. Have been playing Skirmish and my initial reaction is that there is more missing than gained in the sense of attacks. Read morePublished on 18 Oct. 2010 by Gordon Bell