- Also check our best rated Pc Game reviews
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ £2.03 UK delivery
+ FREE UK delivery
Starcraft II: Heart of the Swarm (PC/Mac DVD)
|Price:||£9.99 FREE UK delivery.|
- Continues the epic story of StarCraft II from where Wings of Liberty left off
- Approximately 20 new campaign missions
- New campaign gameplay mechanics, allowing players to evolve new abilities and units for their zerg army
- Go into battle with Kerrigan as she tries to restore her strength and regain control of the Swarm
- New multiplayer units and maps, expanding strategic choice and gameplay depth for each race
There is a newer version of this item:
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
- Platform: Windows 7 / XP / Vista, Mac OS X
- Media: DVD-ROM
- Item Quantity: 1
Edition: Standard Edition
Heart of the Swarm is the first expansion set to the epic sci-fi real-time strategy game, StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty. Heart of the Swarm continues the story from Wings of Liberty with an all-new campaign that focuses on Kerrigan, the former Queen of Blades.
In the Heart of the Swarm campaign, players will be able to evolve their swarms with unique, campaign-only units and abilities, and this evolution will happen in an organic manner befitting of the expansion's zerg theme. Kerrigan will also play a major role in each of the battles as a powerful hero. Over the course of the campaign, she will grow in strength and earn new abilities, and players will choose which powers to enhance and use from mission to mission.
New multiplayer units and maps will add new dimensions of strategic gameplay, and the expansion will include new features and upgrades to the Battle.net online platform to improve the custom-game experience.
- Continues the epic story of StarCraft II from where Wings of Liberty left off.
- Approximately 20 new campaign missions.
- New campaign gameplay mechanics, allowing players to evolve new abilities and units for their zerg army.
- Go into battle with Kerrigan as she tries to restore her strength and regain control of the Swarm.
- New multiplayer units and maps, expanding strategic choice and gameplay depth for each race.
- Expanded features and functionality for Battle.net to improve custom-game search, and new tools for map authors to create even more epic custom games.
- New pre-rendered and in-game cinematics bring the story of Heart of the Swarm to life.
Please Note: Starcraft II: Heart of the Swarm is an expansion pack and requires Starcraft II: Wings of Liberty to be played.
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Top customer reviews
Remains extremely similar to the original Starcraft, while still making many improvements to gameplay elements
Enjoyable, lengthy campaign
Story campaign has well designed 'hub' elements where you can upgrade units, etc.
Some new units not present in Wings of Liberty
Great graphics, sound & music (you can choose to play using the original or the new soundtrack, both are fantastic)
Difficult gameplay that requires thinking and fast reaction speed
3 cool races to play in custom matches
Great online gameplay
It is literally more of the exact same gameplay - if you really loved Wings of Liberty then you should buy this game, however, if you only thought it was 'decent' then it's probably worth skipping
Can be difficult for players new to the genre, or even just new to Starcraft (multiplayer is pretty brutal / steep learning curve)
Story is Zerg only - you must buy the other two campaigns separately to play those races in their respective story / campaign modes
Continues the Starcraft story, great multiplayer, interesting new game mechanics in single player campaigns (permanent evolution of your swarm, temporary upgrades, etc.), good but overly competitive community.
Would recommend to anyone who likes strategy games - also proven to increase your IQ through playing!
Most recent customer reviews
It's a fantastic game and if you are a fan of RTS games and have not played this game then dip your hand in your pocket and get yourself...Read more
Help me to fill some day when I need to turn-off my brain.