Other Sellers on Amazon
+ FREE UK delivery
+ FREE UK delivery
+ FREE UK delivery
StarTech USB 3.0 4 Port PCI Express PCIe SuperSpeed Card
|Price:||£31.86 & FREE Delivery in the UK. Details|
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
- Enter your model number above to make sure this fits.
- Add 4 external USB 3.0 ports to a low profile or standard computer through PCI Express
- Compatible with Lenovo ThinkCentre M93p / Dell OptiPlex 3010
- 4 Port PCI Express SuperSpeed USB 3.0 Card Adapter with UASP / 4 Port USB 3.0 Controller Card
- USB 3 PCIe Card / PCIe USB 3.0 Card
- SATA Powered USB 3.0 PCI Express Card / PCI Express USB 3.0 Expansion Card w/ UASP
- Desktop PCIe USB 3 Expansion Card / Add USB 3.0 Ports to a Desktop
- USB 3.0 UASP Card includes a Low Profile/half-height bracket
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
The PEXUSB3S4V PCI Express USB 3.0 Card (with SATA Power) adds 4 external USB 3.0 ports to any PCI Express-enabled computer system. SuperSpeed USB 3.0 provides up to 5 Gbps of data bandwidth, while remaining backward compatible with existing USB 2.0 devices at 480Mbps.
Using a "stacked" port layout that places the ports one on top of the other, more ports are able to fit into a smaller space. This 4-port PCIe USB 3.0 adapter enables all four USB 3.0 ports to be external facing, while still allowing the card to fit into a small form factor/low profile computer system.
Plus, with a built-in SATA power connector, each USB port can provide up to 900mA of power to devices that draw power from a host bus connection (500mA for USB 2.0) by connecting to your computer power supply.
The PEXUSB3S4V USB 3.0 PCIe card is backed by a StarTech.com 2-year warranty and free lifetime technical support.
PCI Express USB 3.0 Card
Low Profile Bracket
From the Manufacturer
A Space-Saving Stacked Layout
The card uses a stacked port layout that places the ports one on top of the other, enabling all four USB 3.0 ports to be external facing, while still allowing the card to fit into a small form factor/low profile computer system using the included low profile bracket.
Improved Performance with UASP
UASP is supported in Windows 8, Server 2012 and Linux kernel 2.6.3 or later. In testing UASP performed with up to a 70 per cent faster read / 40 per cent faster write speed over traditional USB 3.0 at peak performance.
At the same peak in testing, UASP also showed up to an 80% reduction in required processor resources.
Add 4 external USB 3.0 ports to a low profile or standard computer, through PCI Express.
- Upgrade an older PCIe-based system with USB 3.0 connectivity, to fully utilize USB 3.0 devices.
- Expand a system's USB capabilities with four additional external USB ports, for connecting additional external hard drives, CD/DVD drives, MP3 players, printers, scanners, webcams, game controllers, digital cameras, etc.
Look for StarTech.com Branded Packaging to ensure you are getting a genuine StarTech.com product.
- 4 external USB 3.0 ports in a stacked layout.
- UASP support for more efficient data transfer.
- Fully compliant with USB 3.0 revision 1.0 specifications and Intel xHCI rev0.95 specifications.
- Built-in optional SATA power connector for bus-powered USB devices.
- Optionally provides up to 900mA per USB port.
- Backward compatible with USB 2.0 and USB 1.0/1.1 devices.
- Compliant with PCI Express 2.0 specifications.
- Includes a Low Profile/half-height installation bracket.
What do customers buy after viewing this item?
Top Customer Reviews
Card delivered promptly and well packaged. Replaced the normal bracket with the low profile bracket and installed into the Microserver without issue. I didn't attach the SATA power connector to the card as I only intend to run 3.5" externally powered USB3 drives from it.
Access to my external USB3 drives seems speedy using this card, and it does what I bought it to do. Great price too.
Although I don't think it's advertised on Amazon, this card supports UASP.
For example, in this case we have a combination of two best of the crop USB3 chips: Renesas uDP720201 (4 channel USB3 controller for ePCI) and uDP720210 (4 channel USB3 hub). Each connector is protected by a reasonably sized capacitor. The bracket features 4 ports past the hub and 2 ports attached directly to controller. On the inside you will find another single port attached directly to controller (the last port of the controller is driving the hub, obviously).
You could buy cheaper USB3 controller obviously - but it wouldn't have this many ports and also, most likely, it wouldnt have this quality of components. Of course you could instead buy another Startech controller, 4 port where each port is driven by a dedicated Renesas chip for ultimate performance - useful if you need this much bandwidth. I did not, and wanted maximum number of port instead. It works great.
One point to note: due to orientation of USB3 sockets, the USB plugs will fill space of PCI bracket with very little tolerance left. Be sure to plug an USB cable/device/anything into the bracket ports before you close the chassis, otherwise you may need to re-open your computer and readjust the card later.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Once I found the correct driver to install the card works fine (the driver is buried in a sub folder).
It has a 0.5m usb3 cable included which is too short. Read more
it is ok NOT A GOOD FIT BECAUSE THE SLOTS ERA THE WRONG WAY ROUNDPublished 11 months ago by trebor mint
I bought one, it was faulty. They did send another, it too was fault. returned both, and got my money back. I had NO issues withcommunications with thtem, and they very helpful. Read morePublished 16 months ago by Knightbeat