on 6 April 2015
The price seems to fluctuate by as much as 30% on here so I'd wait until it goes down. Other than that, the product is made from nice durable materials in the main - has a good weight having a metal hilt although the power on/off button is incredibly cheap looking and feeling which stands out badly against the great feel of the hilt it sits on.

As the LEDs are placed throughout the length of the blade they come on in sequence which really creates the power on and off look from the movies really well. The lighting effect means that the blade seems to extend from the hilt and retract into it when turned on and off which is great (obviously it doesn't but in the dark it sure does look that way)!

The blade itself is bright and the LEDs are clear.

Quick tip: the clash sound did not work when I got this powered up for the first time. After some research I discovered that you need to train the lightsabre to react to impacts by using it. Sure enough after a while of banging it gently into a convenient softish surface the clash sound started to work.
on 29 May 2014
Pros:
Well, overall this is a brilliant product. I bought it as a display piece (displaying hilt only) and it does this perfectly. I chose this one in particular because in my opinion it is the most iconic of the lightsaber designs with the most influential history in the saga.(The luke one is mostly the same, some would argue that the minor differences are important)

The hilt is very well designed and manufactured. It has a good weight and I believe an accurate size. I don't really care about the blade/light/noise part but these are all impressively done. Dismantling only takes a few seconds. It has an impressive finish and feels like a quality product.

Shipping from amazon (YUK) was fast and professional.

Cons:
Frustratingly mine has a very small MINOR dint in the hilt. I do not know if I have just been unlucky or if they have quality problems. For the price I wouldn't have expected that. In mine there is also a VERY faint (hardly noticeable) splattering of discolouration. I guess I will just chalk it up to 'Battle damage'.

There are some plastic pieces, the inner-shroud of the emitter and the activation button in particular.

Additionally, they decided to plaster it with 4 stickers. This would have been fine except they're the kind of stickers that leave a residue and don't peel off properly. I had to spend about an hour polishing it after removal.

Because of this I have rated 4 stars. Otherwise it would have been 5.
on 20 May 2015
Great Lightsaber, used by Anakin Skywalker from Episode III: Revenge of the Sith (2005). This Lightsaber did in fact got taken from Anakin by Obi Wan Kenobi after their dual. Then the next story, Episode IV: A New Hope (1977) aka the original Star Wars movie, Obi Wan "Ben" Kenobi then gave it to the 19 year old Luke Skywalker to practice. Then in Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back (1980), Luke then dual with Darth Vader himself in the most epic revealed scene in the history of cinema. Darth Vader cut Luke's right hand off along with his Lightsaber. That's the end of the story of this variant of the Lightsaber. I call this Lightsaber, "The Skywalker".

Packing was awful, was not packed in an brown delivery box. But came as like you've picked it up from Forbidden Planet store. Apart from that, this Lightsaber is cool a 10/10 all parts in it's packaging box.
on 12 January 2015
 Hello!! I'm from Portugal and it is hard to find here a shop, store, you name it, that sells these products. All the reviews did help yes, but pictures/videos would help even more.
Thats why i made one myself, showing how wonderful this product is.

A MUST FOR EVERY STARWARS FAN!!

THANK YOU AMAZON, YUK and SEUR.

May the Force be you
on 31 December 2012
brilliant thanks its one of the best christmas presents my son has ever received from santa clause hehehe or from me
on 29 March 2015
Perfect item! Use for cosplay and display... Amazing product!!
on 28 August 2014
My son is very excited about this lightsaber. Clear blue light. Makes 'real' Star Wars sounds when in motion. Nice features. Expensive, but worth it.
on 1 October 2012
couple of bits of plastic on it which peel. all good if its going to sit on display but i wore it to fancy dress and the bits that are plastic did not fare well and its not like i played with it there it just sat on my belt. good display peice but overpriced considering it has some plastic components.
on 11 June 2012
I love the product and would highly recommend it. But I ordered it from amazon and paid extra for business class and the product took over a week to come! Do not order the product from amazon!
on 16 December 2014