- Also check our best rated Star Wars Book reviews
Star Wars: A New Hope Cinestory Comic: 40th Anniversary Collector's Edition Hardcover – 28 Nov 2017
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
About the Author
Disney Publishing Worldwide (DPW) is the world's largest publisher of children's books and magazines, igniting imagination through storytelling. DPW creates and publishes books and magazines both vertically in-house and through an extensive worldwide licensing structure. Headquartered in Glendale, California, within the Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media business segment, DPW publishes books, magazines and digital products in 85 countries in 75 languages. For more information, visit disneypublishingworldwide.com.--This text refers to the Paperback edition.
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
If you've never had the pleasure of reading a Joe Books release, they're an independent publisher who have partnered up with Disney. They publish books by taking actual scenes from a movie and placing them into a book. The problem is they tend to be on horrible paper that make the scenes look dark and sometimes almost unreadable.
This 40th Anniversary Hardcover Collector's Edition of Star Wars is very different from their other releases. At 411 pages and 6 and 3/4" by 10 1/2" the paper itself is much better quality. However, I will say that the pictures themselves look a little washed out, but only slightly. They're not so bad that it's blurry and difficult to read, and it certainly won't put you off because this is a lovely book.
Now for those fans who prefer the 1977 movie as opposed to the Special Edition, you won't like this. I'm afraid that Greedo shoots first.
But for the fans out there who like both versions of the movie, this is definitely worth buying!
In the 411 pages, the story runs for 376 pages and 34 pages are for the extras.
International Poster Gallery...
Anatomy of a Scene: Rebel Assault on the Death Star...
On the set photo gallery...
The LightSaber mechanics and design...
The Cantina in detail...
Star Wars at 40 - 5 ways Star Wars A New Hope changed everything...
Star Wars A New Hope and Beyond...
It's Star Wars
Nice large sized book
All the scenes captured from the movie into a book.
It's Star Wars - Do you need any other reason?
Pictures may seem slightly washed out.
Most helpful customer reviews on Amazon.com
I would recommend this for any star wars avid fan but if the other 2 bad reviews turn you off like I was deciding myself to get this book
its basically a chance you have to take like me
the price is not that bad but I would definitely recommend getting the hardcover book like another buyer did
1. Picture quality is horrendous. Washed out so much that the pictures are blurry or so dark and gray that you can hardly see the images of our beloved characters in their environments. In other words the pictures look like they were copied from an image that was previously copied from a copy who was previously copied from another copy and over and over. There is no reason for such utter garbage.
1. hardcover (containing the only nice picture)
2. 400 something pages (unfortunately filled with garbage images)