Price:£23.99+ Free shipping

on 13 December 2014
"Ma'am" is acceptable in a crunch, but I prefer 'Captain'" ~ Captain Janeway

Star Trek Voyager, my favourite trek of all.

I've always fancied one of these replica badges, alas, a lot I have seen in the past have been 'tacky'

This badge arrived on the expected delivery date 2 days after ordering in a small bubblewrapped envelope. It is packaged neatly inside a plastic container on top of a card.

The back of the card reads :-

"First seen in the film Star Trek Generations and later in the series Star Trek: Deep Space Nine, Starfleet's redesign of the iconic 24th Century comm badge found its home with Captain Kathryn Janeway and the crew of U.S.S Voyager. This fan favourite has been meticulously re-created from the original prop molds, capturing all the detail of the actual filming piece. Cast in metal, it's ready to wear using our unique magnetic clasp that holds securely with no pinholes.

Relive the adventures throughout the Delta Quadrant and beyond with this incredible, wearable 1:1 prop replica from QMx"

Personally I feel that's an excellent, honest description. The first thing that struck me were the quality, even before opening it, you can see your reflection clearly in the centre and it has a nice weighty feel to it. I think the magnet is a great idea (the badge comes in two parts the same shape). When I say the magnet is strong, I am not exaggerating. Sure, if someone pulls the badge off, it may fall all the way down your pants and you have to jiggle your leg to get it to drop out of the bottom ;) but I much prefer that than pinholes in my shirts and pins that bend and break after a week, plus, nothing wrong with a bit of leg jiggling, just tell people its a Vulcan dance or something. An idea if you may use it a lot, if you own a Star Trek uniform (sadly I don't) may be to stitch the back piece inside your shirt with some material behind it ?
I always wondered how they got the badges to stick onto their uniforms on the series, I always assumed it were velcro (as we all know, "Velco" is a "Rip-off") ;)

At first, one may think the price is a bit steep, I did, but when I received it, I think its a fair price for a quality item that is going to last. I may wear now and again, but for the moment I've put it in an old black jewelry case and put it on a shelf with the top open to display it, may add some rank-pips at some point.

All in all, I'm very happy with this item, good quality and a good price especially if you are a dedicated fan and thankfully doesn't have the "beep" sound novelty when you press it.

Boldly go and get yourselves one of these.
on 8 February 2016
I already have several combadge's but of the pin variety which make holes in my uniforms so have often thought about buying one of these.It's not quite like the ones on Star Trek though because they would reflect the studio lights.I is very nice to look at and is and well made.I actually bought it to pinch the rear magnet for a 23rd century enlisted combadge for my Crewman's jump suit that has a magnet that is small and weak so this one works much better.I have used this bade on my First Contact Science uniform and used a 2 pence piece to hold it on so buying it was a good thing.
on 9 September 2014
Absolutely gorgeous replica badge that I purchased for a Comic Con and Voyager outfit I was going to wear. I wish more badges were made with a magnetic clasp as it saves me the problem of tearing through my clothes. The magnet is very powerful so you don't have to worry about the badge falling off! Definitely recommended for any Trekkie fan!
on 2 June 2015
I was very impressed with this product. It is very good quality and arrived only two days from the date of order. The clasp is magnetic so there are no holes left when you remove it. I would definitely recommend it. Enjoy!
on 3 January 2016
I am giving this item 5 stars on the basis that the recipient was very satisfied with it.
It seems well made, and the magnetic holder works well and is a great idea that stops clothing potentially being ripped by pins.
It was delivered quickly considering it came all the way from California to UK
on 2 May 2014
Very good quality with a strong magnet definately up to expectation. I am happy to recommend it to other trekkies!
on 28 August 2015
After taking the back off, the magnet separated from it and it's not supposed to do that. The silver was also bubbled. I wouldn't recommend this if you are looking for a high quality badge.
on 18 March 2016
I've been a Star Trek Voyager fan since a very young age, and I simply couldn't resist when I saw this on Amazon. It looks and feels amazing.
on 13 November 2014
Excellent product. To actual scale from the show and the magnetic clasp prevents any damage from pins as with other badges.
on 7 November 2014
I found it very exciting to have this thank you