- Save 10% on selected children’s books, compliments of Amazon Family Promotion exclusive for Prime members .
Star Trek: Signature Edition: Duty, Honor, Redemption (Star Trek: The Original Series) Paperback – 26 Oct 2004
|New from||Used from|
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Special offers and product promotions
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
About the Author
POCKET CD S&S INC
Top customer reviews
Most helpful customer reviews on Amazon.com
It was only in talking to a friend of mine that I came to learn of it's existence, and they compelled me to find it on Amazon and read it.
It's worth noting that I /just/ finished reading the book a couple days ago, and good lord, I found out so many more details about those three movies by reading this book.
For any true Star Trek fan, this is a "Must Have" in any collection, big or small.
The only changes to the original books are the correcting of errors, such as "McGivers" for "McGiver". Sulu also goes back to the rank of "Commander" (where McIntyre had promoted him to captain in her novelizations, as per the dropped scene from ST II that was never picked up on by the other movies).
If you've never read the ST II or ST III novelizations before, you are in for a treat. Heaps of great scenes and characters that were never in the movie! Lots of background on Saavik, Peter Preston, the Genesis Project scientists and even an explanation for why Spock's mother Amanda was not present at his Fal Tor Pan ceremony in ST III. The ST IV novelization doesn't add as much new stuff, but is still enjoyable.
The size of the print in this omnibus is very tiny and I feel sorry for people who order this book thinking it's an all-new novel, but there is so much to like about these "Signature Edition" books. I bought this even though I already have first editions of all the movie novelizations. The cover is eye-catching (the lower quarter of Kirk's colour portrait) and matches the other six books in the "Signature Edition" reprint series. Oh, there is one new component, too: a three-page essay on "Harve Bennett: The Man Behind the Movies" by Terry J Erdmann.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Crime, Thrillers & Mystery > Mystery
- Books > Crime, Thrillers & Mystery > Police Procedurals
- Books > Fiction > Film & Television Tie-In
- Books > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Fantasy
- Books > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Adventure
- Books > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > First Contact
- Books > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Military
- Books > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Space Opera
- Books > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > TV, Movie, Video Game Adaptions > Star Trek