on 21 November 2016
This is a great show, at this price well worth the money. I have had this just over a week now, and almost finished watching the first season. The picture, and sound quality of the blu rays is just fantastic, in some places there is a small amount of graining, but overall this is the best you will ever see this show. You get DTS master audio on every disc in 5.1 sound, which really makes you feel you are there with the cast. from the hums from the engine to the crickets you hear when on land, it just feel right. There are extras on each disc. (Some good, Some not so good. But all give some insight into the episodes).
I was also impressed the packaging, A strong outer box, but once you take the lid off, a really nice inner plastic case with each disc firmly encased on its own bedding plate.
I have just gone for the "Next Generation" set, I only hope it's as good this one.
4 people found this helpful
on 2 May 2013
A much underrated series amongst all the Star Trek franchise series. Enterprise pulls you into its environment and you feel as though you too are part of the first deep space adventure. The characters are believable and their inter-relationships become facinating, providing a dimension that wasn't so evident in earlier Star Trek series. My only disappointment was that Paramount pulled the plug after 4 Enterprise series with just less than 100 episodes in the box set. The final episode seems to be a means for the writers to give the finger to the studio and for me, it was bad. I prefer to consider the second to last episode as the climax of the set and it is a fitting end, but people will make their own minds up about it.

I never saw the final series on TV as I think it moved from the BBC to Sky, but I'm glad I bought the box set as it was great to re-visit those episodes I had seen all those years ago and to see how it concluded (by the second to last episode!). Well worth the purchase.
9 people found this helpful
|11 Comment|Report abuse
on 7 March 2018
I hated the Idea of a prequel show for many years... Someone gave me season one on DVD and it wasn't bad at all to be honest. A few Years ago I was at the Star Trek Con Next Generation reunion in London and they had Enterprise on Blu-ray but had run out of stock.... Bought from Amazon and watches all 4 seasons in less than a month. Thats all 98 42 min episodes..... This show is GOOD and to think I hesitated for so long. Season 3 is my absolute favourite though... Go Xindi!!!!
on 19 May 2018
I watched this first on Netfix and I really loved it, so I thought I would buy the Blu ray version. Unfortunately they were not filmed in high quality blu ray, and are the same pasty quality as DVD, so to be honest, buying the Blu ray format was a waste of money. As for the show itself, brilliant! 5 out of 5 and very highly recommended, but buy it on DVD instead.
on 13 July 2016
I had some misgivings about buying this on bluray having read the online reviews which explain that the CGI is merely upsampled from the original broadcast 480P edit. Whilst this maybe true, I have to say that it doesn't detract from the series, which looks sufficiently HD to warrant the BluRay release. Sure the series looks a little dated, but not overly so and I suspect that if the CGI had been redone, it would look out of place alongside the rest of the footage. I've already enjoyed re-watching the first couple of episodes. I think I'm going to enjoy the rest.
on 27 September 2016
I am not the biggest Star Trek Fan but I know most of the movies and have seen a lot of Star Trek series like TNG, Voyager or Deep Space Nine. (on TV)

TNG is by far the most popular Star Trek series for sure, BUT this "Enterprise" is very pleasant with interesting characters and well written storyline. A little breeze of Firefly blows and I really recommend it to anybody who wants to watch a very good SciFi movie series.

- german audio is available
One person found this helpful
on 6 January 2016
The quality and price of this series set was great.
The Enterprise reboot of Star Trek was a bold attempt and in my opinion it exceeded expectations. I have no idea why ratings fell throughout its short run or why the studios gave up on it. The acting by the entire cast was excellent and performances turned in my Blaloc & Bakula were outstanding. Well worth the trip through our sector of the galaxy
4 people found this helpful
on 29 December 2015
This Star Trek incarnation, like Voyager, started very slowly, with less than engaging pratagonists and storylines. However like Voyager, it picked up by half way through, with storylines spanning many episodes, characters growing into their skins, and a captain that grows in stature among the disparate races they meet. It was taken off air while in its most popular season. Go figure. Being the last show to be made, I expected it to be given the blueray treatment earlier. It was afterall broadcast in HD. Transfer is no worse than the HD, but not cleaned up to make full use of blueray either. A minor bugbear, offset by the great price, and 100 hours of immersion in the early history of the Star Trek universe. Enjoy.
One person found this helpful
on 10 May 2016
It's OK but the remastering of the video is not as high quality as Star Trek: The Next Generation Blu Ray box set.

For example, in Season 3, the video resolution looks something between 720p and 1080p. It's not as sharp as it could be. The CGI generated Enterprise looks like a computer game image, and not as convincing as the models used in the Next Generation. Also the scene colors are often very dark, with low contrast, and there is some sort of "ghosting/stutter" blur when the camera pans horizontally.
on 10 February 2014
I had seen (and taped on VHS) all the episodes of Enterprise, so the content wasn't a surprise. The four series (shame they never made more) get better as they go on, and are a cleverly written prequel to link with the rest of the Star Trek series and films. I initially gave it the 5 stars it deserves, but then reconsidered and knocked one off for the appalling packaging. The disks are stored in tight-fitting slots in a cardboard cover, a recipe from scratching and damage if ever I saw one. I'll stop now, if I think about that any more I'll end up knocking off a second star it's so bad - which would be unfair to the content of the DVDs themselves.